80's hero's preset bundle interest?

edit... Oh Cock! XL+ and AX8 :tired::tired:
With FracTool converting them you might be ok ..... depends on what blocks use X/Y in the XL+ versions scenes (IE Compressor, Gate, GEQ, PEQ and Trem/Pan blocks don't have X/Y options in a MK1 or MK2 ) but if 'Y' parameter values could be listed out for any of the above blocks that use Y states then MK1/2 users could conceivably change the XL presets Scenes into individual presets and live with it that way

The AX8 versions should convert with FracTool to AF2 MK1/MK2 versions fine I think .... so that could be the get out of jail card for us early model AF2 users.

VERY Interested but for me $10/each is outrageous. Fremen has been giving us stuff for donations for years and then $35 for a whole collection. Look how many cab ir's we get for $30-40 and that involves a capital investment to buy the cabs, speakers. mics, etc.

VERY Interested but for me $10/each is outrageous. Fremen has been giving us stuff for donations for years and then $35 for a whole collection. Look how many cab ir's we get for $30-40 and that involves a capital investment to buy the cabs, speakers. mics, etc.

Totally understood and respected. You have to understand we're not talking about cabs and ir's. We're talking about copping sounds, effects, drive levels, routing, have you ever tried to cop a sound to the T?

Ever try my vh patches and see all that went into them? Years worth of work. They are not the best out there, but they are pretty darned close and extremely authentic.

I paid attention to details I felt were missed in other versions people put out. If I were to charge for that patch, it would be more than $10. It's 8 scenes in one that span Eddie's entire career with a few button presses that took me years (yes years) to create. Lol!

If I sold 5 packs total, I'd be just as happy as selling 5000. It's not the money....it's the principal, the time invested as well as the outcome. My stuff may only appeal to select people. I'm perfectly fine with that. :)

I don't want to take any business away from Moke or anyone else that does this. That's not why I'm considering it. I'll be in a different price range doing something similar, but different enough to where it won't affect anything IF I even do this.

So if you're not happy with $10 you won't be happy with my stuff. $10 per patch for what I put into that vh stuff insults my intelligence.

Sorry if that offends anyone, but if you've not meticulously tried to create something from scratch like this, give it a shot. It's not only tedious and time consuming, it's a huge challenge that can really push you to your limits.

Anyway, I do appreciate the feedback and am reading, respecting and understanding where you're all coming from. It helps me to concentrate where I need to focus. I'll be in touch....thanks again.

And to be clear, we're not talking a simple tone match block here, we are talking full on time recreation correct?

So let's break this down here. If you were looking at $10.00 per artist. You would be looking at $160.00 for the entire pack. That's a little steep for me, no offense meant because your stuff is always great. Ala carte might be s better way to go. That way people can choose which artist they want. And then maybe offer a quantity discount, buy 1 for $x.xx or 5 for $x.xx?

And to be clear, we're not talking a simple tone match block here, we are talking full on time recreation correct?

Correct, not just a tone match. Any patch I do would be like the vh patch. Several instances, effects, etc.

No offense taken. I totally respect where you are coming from. I have no problems with someone not feeling the justification to purchase.

After further thinking about this, I wouldn't mind a one on one custom preset design where I work with the person in need. This way you always get what you want. This is my other option which I will definitely consider. I'd rather have someone get exactly what they want. Something like that is doable at any time. I think I like that idea. :)

If I sold 5 packs total, I'd be just as happy as selling 5000. It's not the money....it's the principal, the time invested as well as the outcome. My stuff may only appeal to select people. I'm perfectly fine with that. :)

I'm very grateful for your VH research. As much for the open and informative way you went through the process as for the patches.

IMO, pricing is a business decision. As such it shouldn't be a measure of the 'worth' of the product, but rather set to maximize the income it produces. I don't know where that optimal place is....I only know what I'm willing to pay. For what it's worth, I bought Fremen's packs. They are high quality, versatile, and good value for the money. I have shied away from Moke's patches--even though I know their quality through the free ones he posted before starting his business. Why? At $10 a preset, I would really, really, desperately need that exact patch in order to buy it. So far, that hasn't happened.

Sorry for the wall of text. Hope it helps a little.

I'm very grateful for your VH research. As much for the open and informative way you went through the process as for the patches.

IMO, pricing is a business decision. As such it shouldn't be a measure of the 'worth' of the product, but rather set to maximize the income it produces. I don't know where that optimal place is....I only know what I'm willing to pay. For what it's worth, I bought Fremen's packs. They are high quality, versatile, and good value for the money. I have shied away from Moke's patches--even though I know their quality through the free ones he posted before starting his business. Why? At $10 a preset, I would really, really, desperately need that exact patch in order to buy it. So far, that hasn't happened.

Sorry for the wall of text. Hope it helps a little.

It helps a lot and I appreciate it. This is why I'm considering one on one custom patches. You get what you need IF you need that sort of thing. :)

It helps a lot and I appreciate it. This is why I'm considering one on one custom patches. You get what you need IF you need that sort of thing. :)

Well, I hope you release the ones you were thinking of ... in addition to the one-on-one. Because I would hit you up on the one-on-one for the Ty Tabor stuff. But I think there is enough interest in your other stuff that it would be a cool release.

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. Yes, for the hours you put into a preset, if all you made off of it was $10 that wouldn't be worth it. However, like another poster, I can't bring myself to buy a preset that costs $10. If you price it where people won't hesitate to buy it, I think you'll end up making more than you will if you put it up at a price that doesn't "insult your intelligence". I don't mean that as a shot, I totally get where you're coming from, but it's not like that's the sum total you'll make. And while I can't bring myself to pay $10 for one preset, I did shell out for Fremen's stuff as there was more content. I'm sure he put a lot of time in his stuff too. I'm not sure if he made enough to make it feel like it was worth his time, ultimately my wallet doesn't care, as a consumer I felt like what I was getting was worth the investment. As a pack, I don't think I'd spend more than $50, maybe $75 if the clips really blew me away. As individual presets I wouldn't think twice at $5. I'd probably go $10 on your stuff as it's not like it's just one song. But I still wouldn't pay that if you totaled it up for the pack as I'm not interested in all of them.

But that's me and my needs are small, I play in my basement and can get close enough to satisfy my audience (me). If I were in a Dokken tribute band I can't say what I might pay for a faithful one stop shop Lynch patch. But then how many of those guys are floating around? Again, basic economics, I think you'll make more at $10 selling to the remotely curious than you will for $100 to the select few die hards.

Back
Top Bottom