80's Hard Rock/Shred Help

claxor

Power User
Guys, I've been playing and listening to so much thrash metal lately, that when I try to get classic 80's shred tones, I'm struggling. I'm aiming for more George Lynch and Ratt sounds, not the classic Yngwie type tone, if you read me.

Obviously, I've been focusing on the Brit800, Solo 100, Brown, FAS Big Hair, Brit Pre, & the Marsha HBE, but it's just not really there yet. Doesn't sound right.

It must be how I'm dialing it in the amp, so what do you guys feel are key to getting this tone?

1) What controls should I focus on with the amp to get there?

2) If necessary, what PEQ or GEQ settings should I use after the amp to really get the tone to match these classic albums?

Thanks again! You will be helping the 13 year old boy in me realize his tone dreams!

Get yourself out to Axe-Change .... Look for Mark Day's patches ! Especially his RUSH and Journey patches !

INSTANT 80's -

ENJOY !

I know, I sure do ....

Ok, but where is the Axe-Change? Also, I'm having trouble uploading IR's so I imagine I have the same problem with downloaded Axe patches...

Thanks again! You will be helping the 13 year old boy in me realize his tone dreams!

Phew, luckily you're not asking us to help you realizing a 16 year old boy's dream, because that would involve a totally different subject. :)

>> Ok, but where is the Axe-Change

Axe-Change is in Axe-Edit. Open Preset manager, in the right window click on the Axe-Chnage tab, click Source to log in, then load banks.

Back
Top Bottom