80s Hair Cover Band - LIVE Patches Needed

SEverest: Quick learning question: if one was going to use your patches with a tube amp and cab, would it be right to move your cab blocks to the end of the chain and doable the amp blocks? Just trying to learn here.....thanks!!!

SEverest: Quick learning question: if one was going to use your patches with a tube amp and cab, would it be right to move your cab blocks to the end of the chain and doable the amp blocks? Just trying to learn here.....��thanks!!!

I didn't make them with that in mind, but;
-If using a Tube amp, you will have to consider turning power amp modelling off. This will obviously not work well if you want to also go direct.
-If using a real cab, you have to shunt off a line before the cab block to an fXloop block and so obviously if you want effects, etc, it has to be after those blocks.

Experiment. it's not like they are sacred presets that can't be changed :p

Thanks, Severed. One more question (sorry for the newbie questions, and appreciate your and others answers) - are the patches you upload stereo? Relatedly, when do you use two cabs vs one? Thanks again!

Severed,
Are you running the JM45 as for your distortion on the Metallica Patch, or did my download go awry?
Thanks!

I've already explained the main reasons I don't share. I find it hard to belive you are also using a behringer EPQ 2000 and a pair of Peavey 215 speakers, but stranger things have happened.

The other part is, I don't think people unwilling to put in the time should benefit at little to no cost from those of us that do. You can blame a few rotten apples for this, but it gets real old when people just take, and take, and take, and give nothing back.

I'm always willing to help or share my knowledge, but most people just want the preset and don't want to learn.

You can call me selfish. I'm ok with that.

+1 :encouragement:

Seriously...look up Mark Day patches and do some minor tweaking and you will have the brown sound, the tan sound, the beige sound and ALL of those sounds you love. Add your delay and chorus and 80s nirvana will be yours for the taking (noticed how I how interjected the word "nirvana" - as in the band that killed the 80s sound).

By the way, just so that you don't get the wrong idea, Mr. Day can dial in ANY tone and master it. He is a god!

Severed,
Are you running the JM45 as for your distortion on the Metallica Patch, or did my download go awry?
Thanks!

For the main rhythm and lead both amp blocks should be in the X state.
Amp1 is the Dizzy V4 Blue 4, Amp2 is the USA Pre LD2 Grn

Thanks! I was pretty sure it was wrong, but sometimes go about getting tones with very different amps than I would have chosen. Thanks again for sharing your patch. One other question. I have a slight gap when switching between the clean and crunch setting. Do you have an idea of what I might need to tweak in my system to do away with it?

Thanks! I was pretty sure it was wrong, but sometimes go about getting tones with very different amps than I would have chosen. Thanks again for sharing your patch. One other question. I have a slight gap when switching between the clean and crunch setting. Do you have an idea of what I might need to tweak in my system to do away with it?
1st if you are using it with axe edit running, don't.

2nd if you recently used axe edit and closed it, I've found I need to switch presets and then reselect the patch, as I'm not sure why but if I don't there seems to be some small gaps between scene changes.

Back
Top Bottom