8 string guitars?

actually I like the standard EMG 808s for my Ibanez rg2228. They're great for cleans and Josh Travis from TDTE (tony danza tapdance extravaganza) got a great sound with them. I think it's always about compensation and getting to know your pickup. But yeah, there are bad ones. But to me the emg 808s are great.

EDIT - maybe I shold say I really like them because I'm used to them. I have not tried the d-activators yet, or anything else 8-string-pickupy. yet.

SOON :p (or at least some day....) . . . . ((oh come on! at least before I die!)) . . . . (((Ok maybe in my reincarnated life)))

I want to try them, but the moneysies :(

I actually like my rg2228 more than I did before, just had to get used to it and the pickups.
Actually just ordered seymour duncan nazgul 8 string pickup to replace the emg's ;)
The 808's are great if you are into emg's. I just like passive pickups better. But that's just me hehe :)

What's your price range? I've seen people recommend guitars from $500 to $5k Depending on what you want to spend, I can recommend a few.

Back
Top Bottom