8" speaker FRFR. need options, opinions

tickle

i look out for the options in this range, the 8 inch speaker. as i have hernia, i want the best possible way of a portable sound of FRFR

i know one of the best known around is the Verve 8ma. what are the other options

thanks

I would recommend the EV ZXa1 highly. It has great punch and a very pleasing top end. It also had a nice little thump at moderate volume. I was in need of a bit more volume and having read a lot of good stuff about the K-10 I bought them instead. To me, that was a big mistake, the K-10 did have more volume but it was, to me, harsh and cold so I sold them after two weeks. I am thinking of buying the ZXa1 again but will check out the new EV Live 12s first. Don´t know how flat/neutral the ZXa1s really are, they just sound pleasing and inspiring and brings out the best in the Axe - within the size and price range. They also matched my KRK studio monitors but added more bottom end. All IMHO.

I think Scott Peterson was using an FBT Verve 8mA (and may still be using it), and had nothing but good to say about it. If it had been easy at the time to try out the 8mA versus the 12mA, I may have chosen the 8's for portability...

i look out for the options in this range, the 8 inch speaker. as i have hernia, i want the best possible way of a portable sound of FRFR

i know one of the best known around is the Verve 8ma. what are the other options

thanks

My first recommendation would have to be the Verve 8mA, if thats to pricy then maybe the QSC K8?
There are quite a few other pro sumer products out there that might be an option.

I have never heard it but Cerwin Vega has a twin 8" powered speaker around the $600 mark... I don't know might give it a look see.

I've had, owned and used the FBT Verve 8ma for a while now. It's been an utter delight.

Pros:
They sound great, they do not flub out and they are insanely loud for their size. Very small, and with a carry bag, easy to get around with.

Cons:
No they certainly do not thump. It is not really possible because of their frequency response; very little below 100hz.

That's about it.

They sound like whatever you put into them reasonably well.

Powerful enough to use in most any situation probably enough to hear, but you won't feel it in your bones.

IMHO. Ymmv.

Back
Top Bottom