And they all lived happily ever after......

........Until the eve of the next major Firmware update again and then they lost their shit again.

It's great that we have a plethora of such knowledgeable musicians and audiophiles on this forum. I've often thought that it was a little elitist at times, with certain members keeping their mojo to themselves. Then the likes of Scot, Yek, Chef and others (sorry i forgot you) restored my faith in humanity.

I'm feeling rather affectionate right now.

I love you guys......

No homo. ;)

Group hug!

It's a not the typical sound I look for but I think it will be very interresting to understand how this sound was achived. Hm... could it somehow be mixed with the sitar-patch.

We won't be able to experiment ourselves since the "Chef's Sitar" thread votes seems to be just sitting? It still needs more votes to be able to see the patch... Strange?

I was just playing through the whole Images and Words album last night, pretty much exclusively using the 18 - Shiver Clean (chorus on) and 19 - Shiver Lead (drive on). I absolutely love those presets and have been my go-to tones for the past couple of weeks. Therefore, I'm excited to try these as your sample does sound much deeper and spacey to match JPs tone. Will report back after going through them.

Thanks!

I'm digging the patch! That is one of my most favorite DT songs, ever. It captures the feeling of the passage, without sounding exactly like it...which I think is very cool. Good work!

Wow.. Lots of talk here. All I have to say is great tone as usual Chef. You are an awesone preset builder. I appreciate your efforts and the fact that you share your patches. THANK YOU.

Yes he is a yorkshire and his name is Dusty..I just love this dog so so much..he sits next to my PRS..and I can tell you he love this guitar..if I put it on the stand he will come closer smell it and then just lay down next to my Tremontti..it`s true..
Thanks Virgil! That's a cute little doggie you've got there, what's her name? A yorkshire? :)

So I tried to load these with fractal bot over the weekend, All of them are as blank as can be :s

I did start with the haters patch...

Yup Fw 11.

I don't know how to load a preset using AE3 actually.. haha that's embarrassing.

Thank you so much guys!!! It's been an interesting thread this far... :) There are 4 patches here: First one is the orignal, a bit improved, but saved under FW11 - so it should be good to go with latest firmware. Second one is a Piezo patch for which you will need a piezo equipped guitar to run. This is the new and improved patch. You'll need run the preamp fairly high and set the EQ flat, but tweak to taste. I used the piezo's in my Godin XTSA for this and that's the sound you hear in the sound clip. You need to really crank this loud on a stereo setup. Sit right smack in the middle to get the full 3D wall of sound effect. The third patch is the same patch tweaked for magnetic pickups. For this patch you need the bridge humbucker/middle single coil position on the p/u selector. Experiment with the volume knob to flatten the sound out a bit. And lastly, well figuring how nice some of you guys were to me - hating and all :nightmare: - I decided to make a patch specially for you, so that's the last patch. :p :lol

Enjoy it guys! And if there are any tweaks I can do - let me know and I'll repost. :) I really enjoy this patch, not only for DT, but as an allround "ethereal" clean. It works on a lot of stuff. I hope you'll find it useful! Thanks! :)

Thanks Chef-O-Tones. Hey, is your preset two (piezo) the ideal patch for running an Ovation acoustic-electric guitar through?

I have just been invited to an acoustic jam session on Sunday with some stellar musicians. I love my 1983 Collectors Series shallow back Ovation with ebony fret board and lightening fast action, but the piezo pickup sounds really nasally through most amps. I need to amplify as there will be drums and electric bass in the mix. Any suggestions Chef? :encouragement:

Update: I ended up tweaking the Expanding Delay preset to perfection, adding in series a compressor, a phaser (mixed down to 5%) and two drives (one always on for fattening and the other on as needed for a full bodied solid lead tone without too much break up). Worked very well for both my ovation acoustic and my HSH configured US Masters LG507 with Suhr pickups.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom