7 string vs 6 string war!

I have a few of both , honestly i prefer a 6 but some of the stuff I play need's a 7 ......I do like floating bridge's alot more than fixed , in that case it would have to be a 6 with a floyd so I can nail the crap out of that whammy bar when needed , doing that on a 7 the low b wont go floppy like it does on a 6

Are you a 7 string player or a 6 string player!?

I am a 7 string player.....I AM ALL ABOUT THAT LOW END!😱

It's all these old hands can do to work six strings, poorly, but funny you should ask because jazz players (e.g., George Van Eps, Howard Alden, Bucky and John Pizzarelli, Jimmy Bruno, Howard Morgen, Jerry Simms, ...) had been using/playing 7-string guitars long before rock players (re)discovered them :cool: and I love jazz so I guess if I COULD I would play 7-string but I can't so I don't.

I mean, I think most people give Lennie Brauer( i think his name is?), a jazz guitarist from the 40’s credit for the first inception of the modern 7 string, but in as far as rock goes, Steve Vai made the universe with ibanez, which is by (mine IMHO) many standards the quintessential or original current modern 7 string.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
OMG IT LOOKS SO REAL!
There is no way thats a real guitar, and if it is Its literally the sTUPIDIEST musical endeavor I’ve ever seen!!!! HAHAHAHAH

(PS seriously, anything more than 8 strings is REALLY pointless and silly, I have 2 8 strings, 4 7 strings and 4 6 strings and 1 6 string flamenco guitar, and when you play in E6 or lower like Fb7, its so low, the guitar amplification isnt meant for it, the strings arent meant for it, and the whole thing just sounds exactly like it should: like it shouldnt lol actually I’m selling one of them if anyone wants an 8 string I have the DJENT machine, the original ibanez )
you lost me at "seriously"

Back
Top Bottom