7.18 to 9.0 Awesome, but I need a lil help...

Philip

Inspired
Hey all-

Just updated to 9.0 from 7.18. Instantly feels better. Some patches are just plain better with no tweaking. Others, (as expected) have tonal issues because of the changes in amps and drives. I have over a hundred presets because I do a U2 tribute. So, if I could get a good rule of thumb about what to adjust to get my sounds a little more like they used to be, that would help a lot with the first wave of adjusting and then I can start doing more specific tweaks on each patch.

I know the info is in the release notes, and I can figure it out, but if someone can quickly, off the top of their head, give me a quick starting point, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I will NOT be lazy and will formulate a plan from the notes.

Almost every patch I have is using the FET boost, the AC30 and a Delay block. Can someone tell me "brass tacks" what has changed in those?

Thanks,

Phil

Well, as a starting point, lot of users feel that warmth and thump are now useless. Since 9.00, decrease these parameters often add clarity. Power amp distortion and sag are much more usable now. You can often improve your patches by increasing master. Reverb allow much more flexibility and allow you to go further with it. You also have to tweak the effects that have been revised in last firmware.

Back
Top Bottom