7.16 vs 7.17

Yeah, for me it's really a smoother/better experience to work with. Suddenly other amps sounds like I'd expect them to do. Really enjoying it!

Again: Good job, Cliff!

NICE!!!

For the 7.16 vs 7.17 comparison, did you "reload" amp sims or just apply straight 7.16 vs 7.17 with no amp "reload"?

Fun playing btw :mrgreen:

GreenTea said:
NICE!!!

For the 7.16 vs 7.17 comparison, did you "reload" amp sims or just apply straight 7.16 vs 7.17 with no amp "reload"?

Fun playing btw :mrgreen:

Thanks!

I reamped a DI through 7.16, made the FW upgrade and reamped again.

Thanks for doing this Jocke,

I'm gonna pop this one in. I too ordered the Metal Foundry - curious to see what that's all about too. I feel more bari madness coming...

On a different subject, I surprised how seldom folks discuss the bass tones/approach, and since it is so critical to a mix, I'd be curious to learn more about your strategies. Do you use the Axe there too? Maybe we should do another thread?

John Czajkowski said:
On a different subject, I surprised how seldom folks discuss the bass tones/approach, and since it is so critical to a mix, I'd be curious to learn more about your strategies. Do you use the Axe there too? Maybe we should do another thread?

I have some different bass sounds in the Afx that I'm using. This is just an SVT with some additional EQ. 7.16 though. Didn't reamp that. ;)

With a nice bass cab IR (like the Ampeg ones) it's not that difficult to get a good bass sound. The problem is to get the right IR. ;) I got mine by accident, almost when I just threw a Chinese Ribbon in front of an Ampeg 4x12. Bam! Instant rock character. Also, my Steinberger synapse 5-string is a ridiculously good balanced sounding bass. No real character, but very easy to "mould" into any type of music.

For more brutality, I use the FAS modern, Recto, and even Das MEtal into the Ampeg IR, and it sounds like the bass from hell. ;)

Clawfinger said:
John Czajkowski said:

I have some different bass sounds in the Afx that I'm using. This is just an SVT with some additional EQ. 7.16 though. Didn't reamp that. ;)

With a nice bass cab IR (like the Ampeg ones) it's not that difficult to get a good bass sound. The problem is to get the right IR. ;) I got mine by accident, almost when I just threw a Chinese Ribbon in front of an Ampeg 4x12. Bam! Instant rock character. Also, my Steinberger synapse 5-string is a ridiculously good balanced sounding bass. No real character, but very easy to "mould" into any type of music.

For more brutality, I use the FAS modern, Recto, and even Das MEtal into the Ampeg IR, and it sounds like the bass from hell. ;)

Thanks for the good word Jocke. Now for an inane question, where so we get these strange IR thingies you speak of? I haven't loaded anything into my Axe other than firmware. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom