7.04 CORNFORD is yummy and filling

Re: the Cornford is yummy and filling

John Czajkowski said:
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7382303&q=hi

Loaded this up toady and already like it for rhythm and lead on this sampler. Rhythm are my new Ernie Ball baritone, the lead that comes out of nowhere is Morse. Also, tried the bass amps in the Axe too with my Bongo. Although there is currently only one bass amp model, I think the Axe is better than the modeler from Ampeg in sound quality - plug you have more control over it through the whole signal chain. I’ve never played a real Cornford, but this feels good. I put a 6 db mid boost in front of the lead. Trying to do that thing where it is not too distorted actually.

Dude, your stuff is always great. This really is a lot of Cornford tone in there.

When I try new amp models I always tweak them to get closer to "my" tone so the differences disappear unfortunately, but you really caught that Cornford thing in here, absolutely!

Great job, alos really like that tune. What was it made for originally?

hunter said:
Dude, your stuff is always great. This really is a lot of Cornford tone in there.

When I try new amp models I always tweak them to get closer to "my" tone so the differences disappear unfortunately, but you really caught that Cornford thing in here, absolutely!

Thanks very much, and I know exactly what you mean on the tone thing. In that vein, this was made for this occasion yesterday evening, although I'm not sure how well it serves as a Cornford demo - as it is the baritone just slugging away down there. Ultimately, I like how it gets me to my tones that make me comfortable, and if anyone else digs them, all the better. ;)

I love you slamming away with the Bari. Just "BOOM" if you know what I mean. Slam you in the gut and smile while doing it. :D

Rocks.

I could take all your demos and make myself a killer CD. :D (And I might do that).

hunter said:
John Czajkowski said:
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7382303&q=hi

Loaded this up toady and already like it for rhythm and lead on this sampler. Rhythm are my new Ernie Ball baritone, the lead that comes out of nowhere is Morse. Also, tried the bass amps in the Axe too with my Bongo. Although there is currently only one bass amp model, I think the Axe is better than the modeler from Ampeg in sound quality - plug you have more control over it through the whole signal chain. I’ve never played a real Cornford, but this feels good. I put a 6 db mid boost in front of the lead. Trying to do that thing where it is not too distorted actually.

Hunter, I have the same tendency to tweak most sims until they sound like me. I have really had to fight it, because the Axe has such great amp tones, I force myself to limit the tweaking so I can play with these great patches as is.

Cliff rocks!

gag halfrunt said:
Hunter, I have the same tendency to tweak most sims until they sound like me. I have really had to fight it, because the Axe has such great amp tones, I force myself to limit the tweaking so I can play with these great patches as is.

Cliff rocks!

I do the same thing. I start out with a blackface patch, before I know what happened there is a drive block and a parametric EQ and the patch now sounds like my 5150 patch. lol

Back
Top Bottom