7.03 Baritone: Sluggo Beach X99!

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 75998&q=hi

Just loaded this new Firmware this afternoon – my first upgrade since I get the Axe last August. Whoa…I loaded up a blank preset, popped in an X99 lead, 4x12 V30, picked up my new Ernie Ball Baritone and it was off to the races! The intro sounds pretty erm, but I like it after it gets rolling. It is really easy to double parts with the X99 because the highs feel so good and yet it has enough mids under headphones (how I like to double stuff). Killer module. I have played an X99 and fell this model has definitely has some of that goodness in it for sure. I like how it feels on the modern side of a natural, older 90s metal sound. If I were going to go do some covers of Butthole Surfers, Ministry or Helmet, it would rule! I’m sure if I dropped a D-Sonic in the Bari, it would get even more aggressive and tighter on the bottom, but I’m keeping the stock pickup in there for a while since it sounds so great on more traditional low gain bari tones. Again, but thanks to Clawfinger for inspiring me to check out the bari with rock tones!

Thanks for holding my hand. :oops: Mac OS X and the editor were out to get me. All these great X99 clips here made me break on through through...(don't forget the DLR link)

John... how the heck do you get such huge tones? They sound so organic!!!! I love your stuff JC... We need pics of that new bad boy you got!!!!

John + 7.xx = BOOM!

Go man go. That so FREAKING rocked. More, more, more, more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen:

Interesting. This may be the first time aside from The Cure I've heard a 30" scale guitar used for something other than heavily detuned, really heavy metal. :lol: It sounds good!

Thanks guys! It was pretty illuminating to go from version 5.8 to 7.03 all at once. I know I have a lot to catch up on. I'm kinda old fartoid like that. :) Oh, then Cliff comes out with a new firmware the next day with the Cornford. :ugeek:

John, that rhythm is killer....as always. I've played 7-string for a while, but never tried a baritone....I may have to look into it.

mitch said:
John, that rhythm is killer....as always. I've played 7-string for a while, but never tried a baritone....I may have to look into it.

Thanks Mitch, I bet you'd love it in this context and find lots of other creative ways to use them too.

Hey John,

That sounds great, but we may have to cancel as Harley has another gig that night. Waiting on a reply from the Festival people if we can move up our time.

Back
Top Bottom