Pick your favorite band...

• Total voters
Dream Theater is likely the tightest band there ever was for what they do.

They are all premiere artists and musicians whose technicality pales in comparison to the beautiful music they create with their gifts.

I can't even fathom how they play what they do and how they write the music they do. Beyond awesome in my book. No one comes close.

What's with all the polls, Mr Chef?

Reminds me of the book/movie High Fidelity, as he struggles to maintain a list of "best ofs", and organise his music collection into some type of logical order.

I'm not sure I even understand the concept of "best".

I think music is just music, with lots of different elements to be enjoyed on their merit.

I'm calling a tie.

I have Mindcrime and Images & Words equal, and then Awake and Empire also being equally. The rest of each output has been crap.

What's with all the polls, Mr Chef?

Reminds me of the book/movie High Fidelity, as he struggles to maintain a list of "best ofs", and organise his music collection into some type of logical order.

I'm not sure I even understand the concept of "best".

I think music is just music, with lots of different elements to be enjoyed on their merit.

Don't know. It seems to bring out interesting conversation - that's the main purpose I guess...

10 minute songs that could be broken down into 3 or 4 completely separate songs don't do much for me.

As far as Bieber vs Swift - WHO?

they do it for me foooooooooooo shoooooooooooooooo! except the slow Labrie showcases..............

I'm going to have to go Queensryche here. Dream Theater are Amazing musicians, but the music is TOO orchestrated for me. Both bands put out music I love and stuff I'll quickly forward through. I still smile like a kid in a candy store every time Queen of the Reich come on....memories!

Back
Top Bottom