6505+ Relay switching cable

I had Bestronics make me a cable for switching EVH 100 watt head. Ordered two. Didn't work. Firmware issue most likely with FX8 and Matt and team are working on it. Would initially switch but then would not remember and was horribly inconsistent. Matt himself said likely firmware issue. In the meantime I ordered a mini amp gizmo, as I have to have this functionality.

Bestronics cable--mini amp gizmo

Tremonti,
pardon my ignorance...what is a mini amp gizmo? When I first saw this term on a post I thought the writer couldn't remember the name of the item he was referring to until I realized a "mini amp gizmo" is probably an actual item name.... what does this do? are they readily accessible? If so how much do they cost and where can I find a "mini amp gizmo"?

Also you mentioned firmware updates coming that may help with this issue....any idea when they may have a fix..... I use a Peavey JSX amp and was really disappointed when I realized the amp uses a DIN instead of a "short to sleeve" channel switching....bottom line for me:
really just looking a uncomplicated & inexpensive solution (assuming there is one) to converting to from DIN to S to Sleeve so I can use the channel switching on the fx8 with my JSX....

Nice video

Nice little video on RJM Gizmo ...thanks for posting...my Peavey JSX uses a 7 pin midi (DIN) cable for channel switching...do you think this mini amp gizmo could control my amp channel switching? The video only refers to amps using 1/4 jacks...thx again for any input...greatly appreciated

Tremonti,
pardon my ignorance...what is a mini amp gizmo? When I first saw this term on a post I thought the writer couldn't remember the name of the item he was referring to until I realized a "mini amp gizmo" is probably an actual item name.... what does this do? are they readily accessible? If so how much do they cost and where can I find a "mini amp gizmo"?

Also you mentioned firmware updates coming that may help with this issue....any idea when they may have a fix..... I use a Peavey JSX amp and was really disappointed when I realized the amp uses a DIN instead of a "short to sleeve" channel switching....bottom line for me:
really just looking a uncomplicated & inexpensive solution (assuming there is one) to converting to from DIN to S to Sleeve so I can use the channel switching on the fx8 with my JSX....

Are they readily accessible? - Yes

If so how much do they cost and where can I find a "mini amp gizmo"? - Google and with cable around $290

Also you mentioned firmware updates coming that may help with this issue....any idea when they may have a fix? - probably in a few weeks....but have no clue really

Nice little video on RJM Gizmo ...thanks for posting...my Peavey JSX uses a 7 pin midi (DIN) cable for channel switching...do you think this mini amp gizmo could control my amp channel switching? The video only refers to amps using 1/4 jacks...thx again for any input...greatly appreciated

There are several different devices they make. You need the mini amp gizmo with cable made for your amp. Go to RJM and order direct. Or call Sweetwater or your favorite store online. All will have.

Ok. i will look into that as an option. Thanks for the response.
So just to clarify, were you able to get the amp channel switching response your were looking for from the FX8 and your 5150 by using the Gizmo? I thought somewhere on this or another thread you might have thrown in the towel on the fx8...

I made my own from a 6505 cable
Just cut it strip the wires and touch to see which does what or look up a diagram
Its really simple if you are a tad techy

Ok. i will look into that as an option. Thanks for the response. So just to clarify, were you able to get the amp channel switching response your were looking for from the FX8 and your 5150 by using the Gizmo? I thought somewhere on this or another thread you might have thrown in the towel on the fx8...
Not thrown in towel. Just anxious for firmware. Have not received the mini amp gizmo yet. Will tell you how it goes when it arrives

Guys, I'm in the same boat. I just got my FX8 and have an EVH 5150 iii STEALTH 100w head. This cable http://btpa.com/P6505PGMAJ-XX.html looks like it would be perfect for amp channel switching, but does it work? Do I also need to buy the amp gizmo? Also, with the mini amp gizmo, does this mean I have to hit 2 separate pedals in order to switch channels? The whole purpose of me buying the FX8 was to only switch channels by hitting the FX8 switch and not tap dancing around. Please advise. I've had the unit for a week, and this is really bothering me... Thanks.

Guys, I'm in the same boat. I just got my FX8 and have an EVH 5150 iii STEALTH 100w head. This cable http://btpa.com/P6505PGMAJ-XX.html looks like it would be perfect for amp channel switching, but does it work? Do I also need to buy the amp gizmo? Also, with the mini amp gizmo, does this mean I have to hit 2 separate pedals in order to switch channels? The whole purpose of me buying the FX8 was to only switch channels by hitting the FX8 switch and not tap dancing around. Please advise. I've had the unit for a week, and this is really bothering me... Thanks.

did you ever have a chance to test if the cable works?

I have a mini amp gizmo and a Fx8 - This is what I did .

I had Bestronics make me a cable for switching EVH 100 watt head. Ordered two. Didn't work. Firmware issue most likely with FX8 and Matt and team are working on it. Would initially switch but then would not remember and was horribly inconsistent. Matt himself said likely firmware issue. In the meantime I ordered a mini amp gizmo, as I have to have this functionality.

this should be fixed in FW3.00
see the release notes, MAJOR CHANGES, part 5

Ok, so I upgraded to 3.0, and read through the release notes. My question is, how can this change the channels on my amp without a cable going from the relay jack? Which relay jack cable do I need in order to make this possible with the EVH? Quarter inch cable to a 7 pin midi?

Back
Top Bottom