6160 Blues

One word LEGATO! Nice job keeping the flow going for what looks like and improv,.. my brain moves very fast but I could not respond that quickly to keep some shred flowing- strong work!

whats amazing is your sitting in front of about 1 million dollars of audio gear................................
and you used a mobile phone and movie maker to make the video. :lol us guitarist are frugal creatures

nice rocking

whats amazing is your sitting in front of about 1 million dollars of audio gear................................
and you used a mobile phone and movie maker to make the video. :lol us guitarist are frugal creatures

nice rocking

loool yeh... not to mention the 2 dollar clothes

and thx

60 likes on youtube thats a world record for me.. thankyou who ever liked it appreciate it

Oh I love this hyper spastic attitude! This would do great as soundtrack in movie scene, you know. You achieve such a hi-strung bizarre effect from playing those explosive never-breathing fast lines over the simple twelve bar blues! The "lack of melodic and rhythmic phrasing" is what makes it stand out IMHO. Thanks for a refreshing upload! :) The speed-riff you're throwing in at around 2:15 is hilarious, I really like this.

Oh I love this hyper spastic attitude! This would do great as soundtrack in movie scene, you know. You achieve such a hi-strung bizarre effect from playing those explosive never-breathing fast lines over the simple twelve bar blues! The "lack of melodic and rhythmic phrasing" is what makes it stand out IMHO. Thanks for a refreshing upload! :) The speed-riff you're throwing in at around 2:15 is hilarious, I really like this.

cheers

thx lads!

aahh so ur callen me a wanker. thats ok i asked for it

one can only dream

No I'm not mate. I'm saying the Blues should be played with more feeling. You know, I listen to a lot of the stuff recorded on this forum and most of it goes completely over my head. I cannot understand why so many guitar players are into such saturated crap sounding patches? I guess I'm an 80's metal fan at heart and the death metal stuff just leaves me cold.

Slow down and 'feel the music'. That's what makes a good soulful guitarist stand out from the crowd. I went to the Marshall 50th Anniversary concert in London a few months ago. Malmsteen was there, and although I love the guy and his music, he just couldn't help himself from playing at breakneck speed - even on Smoke On The Water :)

I wish you luck and suggest that if you do any gigs then get paid by the note - you would be the richest man on the forum ;)

I remember Frank Zappa labeling some of what Steve Vai did as "stunt guitar." That's what this makes me think of. Crazy chops. Lots of cool licks and ideas, not much music. I don't think "making music" was really the point though.

Makes me think of how often we hear (not) things like "wow, that sax/trumpet/piano player was really fast." Clearly a different strokes kind of thing.

I remember Frank Zappa labeling some of what Steve Vai did as "stunt guitar." That's what this makes me think of. Crazy chops. Lots of cool licks and ideas, not much music. I don't think "making music" was really the point though.

Makes me think of how often we hear (not) things like "wow, that sax/trumpet/piano player was really fast." Clearly a different strokes kind of thing.

agreed

YEs, that's an interesting discussion. I regard music as a language, a tool for communicating and in that sense it really doesn't matter if a message is brought over by proper notes according to strict musical theory or by alien sounding noise. It's all just different ways of communication, not "music" vs "non music".

I'm all for chops/technique but I believe it's important to be musical with it. Examples: Shawn Lane or Guthrie Govan. Two men who can absolutely demolish anyone technically but can use it in a musical manner.

I know you did this for fun, and that's what music is about, but a good exercise one of my friends taught me is to sing what you play so that way when you run out of breath, you know you might be playing too much. Its the same concept as say a Sax Player and how they play. With blues its not what you say as much as how you say it, you can play in box one of pentatonic but make it unique and soulful with your own personal phrasing etc.

But with that being said, great chops and also nice fat tone :)

Back
Top Bottom