6160 Blues

I like both of the bends.. the one at 3:00 and 3:20. What is your goal with this video? If you only want to know what I think, I'm wondering where your phrasing is, where's the melodic and rhythmic phrasing? Sure you play fast as speedygonzales but watching him for 3:26 you get the idea that he's running pretty fast from the start you know? :)

Now I'm being honest here joel, don't take what I say too hard. I'm not saying play like BB King, but keep me interested with dynamics and some breathing in your playing :)

0:20-0:49 was great! The rest skilled, but not that interesting I'm afraid.

Cheers! (Going to start on our colab soon :p)

I'm with Cobrango on this one.

Don't get me wrong, your technique is hugely impressive and you've got an incredible array of really -really- good licks, but they're all so jammed together that everything is just lost in a sea of notes. Look at any great shredder, be it Satch, Vai, Gilbert, Timmons, Govan etc... No matter if they're improvising or not they always leave you with more to remember them by then just the fact that they played a lot of notes.

I guess the question is... What's the intention? If it's for fun, or just to show off your chops then it doesn't really matter, but if it's something you want other people to listen to and enjoy then you need to find a way to make your playing a little more engaging,

Beyond that... Not totally sure I dig the tone. It's not bad but it kind of sounds like a thin version of Vai's tone. It cuts really nicely but to my ears it needs more body.

I dug it Joel. You have some serious chops and if the guys had heard the previous stuff you've posted on here they would know you can do the groove stuff too. Keep 'em coming man.

Nice man cave dude .... and not even a dead sock in sight.

Play something fast next time ... those mellow ol' blues get me down sometimes ;)

i wish it was mine... yeh il try a lil faster next time.. il warm up 1st this time and pick 1000 000 notes real fast

I dug it Joel. You have some serious chops and if the guys had heard the previous stuff you've posted on here they would know you can do the groove stuff too. Keep 'em coming man.

thanks fatman.. you know i cant please everyone...

Last edited:
Great chops and licks on there....tone sounded great.
If you were just showing off and messing around.....cool stuff as noted
If you weren't ....then wtf lol ;) Play faster next time! Kidding of course

Playing the blues isn't about musical masturbation - it's about feeling. Some of the best blues players aren't actually that technically gifted, but get the message across with feeling. You dont have to play a thousand notes to sound good. It's what you do with the notes in a song that count! Take a listen to Stevie Ray Vaughan and Gary Moore for good examples.

LMAO
I looked at it as a parody and so it brought a lot of laughs to my face :D

I would say you have an adequate basis there to start learning to play the guitar... :mrgreen

I wonder who sang, "play so fast you'll go back in time, all the way to 80's!". Maybe Freak Kitchen. :D

some real technical playing there man... I just think you choose the wrong backing track.....blues is meant to be soulful and with some good phrasing and stuff....don't take this as a bad comment...just as some constructive feedback, thats all...but you can shred man, you can shred.... :) cheers

Lets see... that song is Caffeine Blues?? Very impressive and tasteful chops... You kinda have a Guthrie thing goin on too. I'm just glad you weren't like some of guys changing scenes on the MFC with their nasty toes>> LOL

thx lads!

Playing the blues isn't about musical masturbation - it's about feeling. Some of the best blues players aren't actually that technically gifted, but get the message across with feeling. You dont have to play a thousand notes to sound good. It's what you do with the notes in a song that count! Take a listen to Stevie Ray Vaughan and Gary Moore for good examples.

aahh so ur callen me a wanker. thats ok i asked for it

You kinda have a Guthrie thing goin on too

one can only dream

Back
Top Bottom