~6 dB drop across FX Loop block

maschoff

Experienced
If you connect unbalanced cables from output 2 directly to input 2, you get around a 6 dB drop across the FX Loop block with output 2 set at noon, unity. Could someone explain why this is? Is this because of the balanced input 2 jack? Would I get my 6 dB back if I used balanced system/cables? Or am I completely off the map entirely? Help a brother out if you have any ideas, thanks!

Pg 15, thanks. I think I confused +20 dB with the output control of these knobs. Unity is maxed ... got it.

Speaking of which, I've been having some difficulty with my effects loop. I have to keep my output 2 around 20-30%. Anymore and the input to either my Ditto or Disaster Transport are clipped. So then I have to bring the Output Level of the block up about 15dB (not sure of exact number, not at my Axe right now) to have unity. It just doesn't seem right. I mean, I guess it works, but it seems weird to have to pad the output that much only to boost it back up after the return.

Input and Output 2 are line level. Your pedals are most likely instrument level. You'll have to turn down the output to keep from overloading the pedals, then boost the block to get back to unit gain on the grid. Pretty normal when using pedals.

Input and Output 2 are line level. Your pedals are most likely instrument level. You'll have to turn down the output to keep from overloading the pedals, then boost the block to get back to unit gain on the grid. Pretty normal when using pedals.

Yeah, I figured it's because the send was line level. Thanks. Seems like there should be a selection for instrument or line level.

There is in fact, just place the fx loop before the amp block and you've got instrument level

Back
Top Bottom