6.0!!! Don't wanna speak too soon.. but holy @#$*

JoeDeLano

I think this may have gotten us very close to closing the gap I've mentioned in my earlier reviews.

Just a few seconds after downloading and trying out my presets, I notice some very significant improvements!
Seems that all my concerns about the AXE have been addressed at least to some extent.

Everything just sounds a bit thicker and noticeably more realistic!!!
I can't wait to get everything re-dialed in!!!!

Awesome work!

I've been playing around for about an hour and straight away there is a noticeable improvement. The distortion on the high-gain amps sound a lot juicier and palm mutes are more 3D.

I think it's already lived up to the hype. And I haven't even touched any of the really new features!! This is sick!

Welcome to the Axe FxII awesomeness i knew that this piece of gear would stand head to head with any tube amp :D
It's actually a beast of it's own. It has it's own character glad to see people liking it.

Have been wandering around different presets. All sounds wonderful..........
The ODS 100 Lead patches especially are much livelier and organic.

wow..just ran guitar through it...you can really hear the difference and its really more 3D and it has more punch and juice. Love it!

Wow, I'm not big on factory patches, but these are a pretty damn good set with this release. Couple times I've caught myself with this really stupid look on my face and thinking "am I hearing this right?"...but in a really good way.

Wow, I'm not big on factory patches, but these are a pretty damn good set with this release. Couple times I've caught myself with this really stupid look on my face and thinking "am I hearing this right?"...but in a really good way.

Thanks!

For the record the factory presets were tuned up using a Matrix power amp and JBL monitors (in case anybody is curious).

Shit, I don`t wanna update yet as I have a gig on Friday..But it is tempting after reading this!
Will earlier presets be unusable in your experiences? Or is it just amatter of re-setting the ampblock, any thoughts?

I'm not getting "my" sounds now after upgrading. defaulted blocks... amp+cab. It seems like there is a dramatic difference in the HF content. Probably me. Going back to 5.0x to double check. Maybe record a couple of things so I can tone match what I had if nothing else.

I'm not getting "my" sounds now after upgrading. defaulted blocks... amp+cab. It seems like there is a dramatic difference in the HF content. Probably me. Going back to 5.0x to double check. Maybe record a couple of things so I can tone match what I had if nothing else.

I tested using my Matrix Power Amp and Marshall 2x12 cab and I was under the impression that there was a lot of extra high frequency in a kind of gritty way (not always a bad thing). I need to spend more time with it and probably at higher volumes as well but it seems like I am having to turn treble and presence down to compensate. It would be interesting to hear if anyone else is having similar thoughts.

Spence

Shit, I don`t wanna update yet as I have a gig on Friday..But it is tempting after reading this!
Will earlier presets be unusable in your experiences? Or is it just amatter of re-setting the ampblock, any thoughts?

Essentially that's all you have to do. You'll find that they sound better faster with much less work tweaking.

I do it constantly (even the day of a gig) during beta development and pull it off all the time (but I am admittedly a little crazy). You have the better part of a few days.

Back
Top Bottom