5153 50w Blue Presence

chrisxs2003

Inspired
I use the 5153 50w Blue model as my main amp. I have been setting the presence knob at around 2.04 since I built the preset (that matches the factory 5153 preset using the same cabs). What equivalent setting would that be with updated presence taper pot? Just looking for a rough idea because if I increase to 8-9ish as I've read on the forum, it doesn't sound right. Any insights welcome.

I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure the EVH lineup of amps don't have the goofy presence taper. I thought it was the Peavey 5150's/6505's that don't do much until 8 and up on the dial. I have an fm9 so i haven't gotten any of the newer updates so disregard if incorrect.

I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure the EVH lineup of amps don't have the goofy presence taper. I thought it was the Peavey 5150's/6505's that don't do much until 8 and up on the dial. I have an fm9 so i haven't gotten any of the newer updates so disregard if incorrect.
The 100W 5150 III still don’t come on much until 8+ or higher, similar to the original Peavey amps. The 50W heads are more linear.

The 100W 5150 III still don’t come on much until 8+ or higher, similar to the original Peavey amps. The 50W heads are more linear.
Thanks for clarifying. That makes sense, i've only ever played the 50w in real life. I also only use the 50 watt blue in the fractal.

Thanks for the replies

I updated to 23.05 from an earlier revision. I was previously at the revision where the triode algorithm had been updated (loved this update). When I moved to 23.05 my tones changed (some characteristics I like, and some I don't). Pot tapers and bias points changed with 05 IIRC. I was trying to reestablish the presence setting to be the same as before, then go from there. No where in the presence dial sweep does it sound the same as before

I'll get it sorted, thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom