5150 rock song (rhythm & lead) video content

Sounds great man! For once, we don't get the usual chuga chuga way too much gain out of the 5150 sim!!! This is a clean mid gain rythm sound and the lead has plenty of bites, you can hear all the notes,still with plenty of sustain and tube character. Awesome playing too!!

Awesome sound & playing! Would you share preset with us !?!
Sorry, maybe I'm too lazy for programming :/ ;)

Haha I'm too lazy to upload my patches into the computer though :lol: I tried it but it never seemed to work, same with downloading custom IR's, so I just use the computer for Axe-Edit. But all the settings, at least the ones that aren't stock, are in the video. A key point is that I turned the level down on both the amp and the cab, because it's quite bass-heavy (which 5150's are by nature). I also ended with a shelving boost on the lows for that extra thump that I love about the amp.

Sounds great man! For once, we don't get the usual chuga chuga way too much gain out of the 5150 sim!!! This is a clean mid gain rythm sound and the lead has plenty of bites, you can hear all the notes,still with plenty of sustain and tube character. Awesome playing too!!

Cheers man! Funny you should say that, I disregarded the 5150 for the longest time because I thought it was a chug-only amp... and me living in Sweden, the 5150 and 6505 are pretty much the go-to amps for every metal band around ever since In Flames sort of set the standard for the "scandinavian" metal tone with those amps.

Anyone know what that JM2000 cab really is, V30s?

I would have said G12-T75s but I'm not sure. I think I remember some discussion on this speaker and I believe it was obtained through the power section of a JCM2000 so it has some valve 'colouring' so to me it sounds a little muddy.

However these clips are AWESOME! Superb work JohnIce really cool.

Spence

Thanks man! Yeah I tried to get it to sound a bit 80's just for the fun of it, I think the mix took about 5 minutes total. This isn't at all how I'd do any of my bands' stuff :)

Very good tones!!!
That lead tone has very beautiful character.

So... maybe u could upload the patch?

Cool tune with great sounds. There's so many amp sims that I usually stick to a few. It's cool to hear demos of what the others can sound like.

Cool tune with great sounds. There's so many amp sims that I usually stick to a few. It's cool to hear demos of what the others can sound like.

Definately! The 5150 used to be one of those amps that I never tried, until now. There are still a whole bunch of them that I've never really experimented with though.

WOW!

Excellent. I may need to revisit the 5150 sim. I loved it. The sound was great all around. Fabulous playing, too. Great work.

Hi there JohnIce
I just heard the youtube vid and it sounds really good!! I tried to dial in the settings on my axe but it sounds boomy and not as responsive as your clip sounds. im using krk rokit 5 monitors, do you adjust your global eq? Im trying to figure out what im doing wrong!!
Thanks
Fergal

Back
Top Bottom