5150 + Mark IIC+ = Thrashy proggy metal goodness

Drums are a combination of Superior 2.0 samples and Steven Slate samples. I just blend until I get a nice balance of what I'm looking for. The S2.0 MIDI packs can provide great inspiration and starting points as well. The main beat in the verse is from one of their Gene Hoglan MIDI packs.

I think my studio Axe-FX II at home has FW 11.03 on it...I need to get with the times and put 11.05 on it :).

I have enough songs for a EP or full album but my problem is my recordings are all spread out over time and sound quite different from one another (I'm hoping the newer one sound better than the old ones). I never save my presets and constantly tweak drum sounds. Oh well.

It's so rare that you find any thrash metal being made with the axe fx and superior that it's good to hear it finally represented, and very well so. Great job!

No kids...I'm not sure who Dr Doofenshmirtz is but it sounds like we would get along.

And here I start to wonder what useful knowledge has fallen out my head so that I can remember this but...

Dr Doofenshmirtz is the arch nemesis of Perry the Platypus. Perry is both a secret agent for some super secret world-saving spy organization and the family pet of Phineas and Ferb. Phineas and Ferb are super genius step brothers and the stars of the cartoon named after them.

Dr Doofenshmirtz likes to create evil gadgets to try and take over The Tri-State Area in every episode. The machines share one thing in common: the name of the weapons always ends in "-inator". Because that, according to the doctor, is the mark of a good and proper weapon of evil.

It's actually a pretty awesome show. They do a custom song every episode and have entire musical episodes. There's a little for-the-parents humour thrown in there too.

Dear Mother, Dear Father,
This is a great friggin tone!

I loaded it up and played the theme song to the early 90's PC game DooM.
Sounded epic. Has some great chunk to it.

Good times, Good times... Man this game would scare the crap out of me when playing in the dark.
Hard to believe, compared to the realism in games today.

At Doom's Gate

Doom_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Adam,

What effects settings are you using for the the melody just before the breakdown in the recording?

I think the melody you're referring to is just two guitars double-tracked in octaves.

The only real effect block in the entire song is some post-Amp stereo phaser on the lead guitar during the main solo. Other than that, just some light delay and light reverb sprinkled throughout.

Damn dude! DAMN!

One of the best recordings I've heard on this forum yet.

Fractal is lucky to have such talent!

Back
Top Bottom