5150 III Cab IRs have just been posted

Manny Fufish

Power User
Hey guys,
With the EVH 5150 III amp coming in the release of FW 6.1 there were many requests for the 5150 III Cab IR. I said I would capture it this weekend and, man of my word, I just posted the IRs in the Cabs/IR section of the forum. Enjoy and get ready because this is a magical combination and one of the very few amps I kept after converting to Axe FX.

Enjoy!

I'd think it would sound very similar to the Basketweave G12M20, since the EVH Celestion is supposedly a relabled 20W greenback M.

GuitarDojo said:
Please tell me you walked in to GC and just macked an IR! :razz

I would say I did just because of how funny that would be. "Nothing to see here, just move along..." keep playing this song that just goes 'Beeeeewwwwwoooooppp!'. My wife says that frequency sweep sounds like I'm battling aliens :)

I agree with the op. I have the 5153 amp and a pair of the 4x12s and they are magical, esp the blue channel. Even the 'clean' channel is pure Eddie (Its not squeaky clean, more like a loud plexi)

I fixed the IRs in the zip and updated my post in the Cabs/IR section. Sorry for the goof up, it's a learning process. :)

I'm really looking forward to trying out the 5153 in the next fw drop..
everything I've heard about it has been great...

Back
Top Bottom