4CM + Studio Monitors + USB: PC Audio Only to Studio Monitors Possible?

Hi All (Hi Chris :lol)

Thanks for joining me. I'm here with another installment of "Holy Shit I Can't Believe This Dude Has This Gear".

On tonight's show I'm going to ask a question about audio routing and the Axe Fx 2.

So basically I have my AXFX2 connected to my head using the 4CM and also my studio monitors and I'm plugged into my computer's USB port.

I'm playing over super cheesy backing tracks pretending I'm Guthrie Govan.

I noticed that the computer audio is also coming out of the guitar speaker cabinet.

Is it at all possible to route the computer USB audio through the XLR outs only?

I would love to play through my head w/ 4CM and have my computer audio come out only to my studio monitors.

I wonder if such a thing is possible but I suspect that I may need a mixer of sorts to accomplish that.

I hope my question makes sense. Thanks in advance for any help/hints/advice!

Just wondering why you have the Axe plugged into the computer at the same time as the 4CM? Is this to achieve something?? If not, just unplug it!

Just wondering why you have the Axe plugged into the computer at the same time as the 4CM? Is this to achieve something?? If not, just unplug it!

Because I am playing along to mp3s and would like to use the Axe as my sound card.

So you are saying that it is not possible?

In not 100% sure, but I suspect the 4CM may not work in that situation
Perhaps someone else can confirm?

Hey thanks for following up on this. I suspect the same. Routing USB audio to different outs may be something we will have to wait for until we see the Axe Fx 3 but it would be great if somebody could confirm.

Back
Top Bottom