4CM, Boogie Mark V 35 Combo Help No Output.

Paulg2uk

Power User
Seasons greetings everyone, I hope you're all enjoying you Xmas.

I need some help with my axe and using it via the 4CM. I got a Boogie Mark V 35 Combo just in time for Xmas and I'm having some trouble using it with my axe fx 2 xl +. I've already setup a patch with the fx loop block and all my other fx's needed as I have another boogie and was using this a few days ago and all worked fine.

Today I had some time being Xmas and all so I've managed to rack everything. I have a Furman power conditioner, axe fx, Mini amp gizmo, phantom power box and also a VL Iso 5 power supply which is powering the amp gizmo. I'm controlling the axe with the mastermind GT. Switching presets all work and there is no issue with that.

Connections to my amp are as follows and all are hum buster cables from the axe to the amp. Output 1 & 2 knobs on the front of the axe are both turned up all the way.

Amp Input - Output 2 L
Amp FX Loop Send - Input 2 L
Amp FX Loop Return - Output 1L

I'm getting a good signal from both input 1 & 2 level meters on the front of the axe I'm just not getting any output thru the amp's speaker. Except when I change to the dirty channel on the mark v I can hear the channel working but it is very faint and the volume knobs on both channels have no affect when I turn them up.

I know I'm probably not doing something completely obvious but I'm a little confused right now, especially as I know it was working before. I should probably add I've tried other cables and I've tried the amp's fx loop with just one pedal in the loop and that works fine as well.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

I'm getting a good signal from both input 1 & 2 level meters on the front of the axe I'm just not getting any output thru the amp's speaker. =
on the Axe STATUS page in the Utility menu, do the Outputs show signal?

Sorry I don't understand that.

You're saying you don't see level in the Out 1 meters?

So you have:

Guitar going to the Axe FX Front input
A cable going from Axe Output 2 L to the Front input of the Amp
A cable going from Amp FX SEND going to Axe Input 2 L
A Cable going from Axe Output 1 L to the Amp FX return
Input 2 in I/O Menu at around 30% (10 o'clock), maybe even 50%
Both knobs on the front of the axe at FULL
If your amp has a footswitch for the FX loop make sure it is actually on? (this happened to me a few times)
Make sure the pre-amp on your physical amp is turned up a bit and the standy is OFF

Also your FXL Block in the axe should be pretty early on your preset just have default settings, and of course be engaged.

Hehe I didn't understand before and to clarify you said the exact same thing again ;) I guess "apart from L1 and R1" means you are not seeing level there.

If you don't have level coming from Out 1, then you won't be getting any signal from your 4cm setup.

Post a picture of your Layout. Do you have anything connected to the Output block (tall block on the far right)?

Hehe I didn't understand before and to clarify you said the exact same thing again ;) I guess "apart from L1 and R1" means you are not seeing level there.

If you don't have level coming from Out 1, then you won't be getting any signal from your 4cm setup.

Post a picture of your Layout. Do you have anything connected to the Output block (tall block on the far right)?

That's odd Chris it was working the other day thru my other amp with exactly the same settings. My layout is pretty simple I can't see anything wrong. What do you think? Amp has a serial fx loop and is always on.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-25 at 22.48.18.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-25 at 22.48.18.png
    175.1 KB · Views: 14
So you have:

Guitar going to the Axe FX Front input
A cable going from Axe Output 2 L to the Front input of the Amp
A cable going from Amp FX SEND going to Axe Input 2 L
A Cable going from Axe Output 1 L to the Amp FX return
Input 2 in I/O Menu at around 30% (10 o'clock), maybe even 50%
Both knobs on the front of the axe at FULL
If your amp has a footswitch for the FX loop make sure it is actually on? (this happened to me a few times)
Make sure the pre-amp on your physical amp is turned up a bit and the standy is OFF

Also your FXL Block in the axe should be pretty early on your preset just have default settings, and of course be engaged.

Yep all correct I'm going mad here.

That's odd Chris it was working the other day thru my other amp with exactly the same settings. My layout is pretty simple I can't see anything wrong. What do you think? Amp has a serial fx loop and is always on.
make sure none of the blocks to the right of the FX Loop block have their Bypass mode set to MUTE.

make sure none of the blocks to the right of the FX Loop block have their Bypass mode set to MUTE.

Hi Chris,

It's working thank god. The pitch block was set to mute fx in. Thanks for the help guys.

I have one more thing to ask its regarding the GT and the mini amp gizmo. Ok so on the GT's IA menu I have the first 6 buttons setup to trigger scenes 1-6 and also I've added an action to tell the mini amp gizmo which function it should be on.

When I then switch off the IA menu the GT goes back to preset select. When selecting another preset and/or the previous preset the mini amp gizmo seems to default to function switch 2 my amp's dirty channel which I don't want. Its only after selecting the IA menu again and selecting scene 1 or which ever is my clean or starting preset the amp will be on which channel I want.

I hope that makes sense. Any ideas?

Thanks again

Paul

Not sure if this is it, but in the Preset menu on the MMGT (editor is easiest), make sure to turn off Preset Send for the Gizmo, assuming you only want it to change with Scenes.

Not sure if this is it, but in the Preset menu on the MMGT (editor is easiest), make sure to turn off Preset Send for the Gizmo, assuming you only want it to change with Scenes.

No luck I'm afraid Chris. I can hear the amp gizmo's relays switching but the amp still stays on chan 2. I must have something engaged I shouldn't. Any other suggestions?

what happens if you turn off "Send on Preset Change" in the IA settings of those Preset switches?

Same thing the amp and Mini Amp Gizmo stays on chan 2. You can see the amp trying to change to chan 1 but it just goes back to chan 2. I can hit switch 1 on the mini amp gizmo and the amp will switch to chan 1 but if I try and write the changes on the mini amp gizmo nothing happens (the lights don't flash to save). and a soon as I select another or the same preset it goes to chan 2 again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom