4CM and running Stereo

racetra

Inspired
Hey Everybody,
Got a question, Can I run Stereo with the 4CM. I think I can and have it right mostly.

If so, I would just use the Preamp in my Blackstar.
Would I then go from Axe output 1 left to the return (Power amp section Like I do now) on Blackstar then from the output 1 right to my CLR for a stereo effect?

I know it will sound different but I am just wondering. Anything else I might need to know

Thanks
T

Those connections are correct.

You'd probably want a cab sim on the CLR channel, and maybe a clean amp block set to add (mostly) power amp simulation.

I am not using an amp or cab. Just using the axe for effects right now with this rig. I dont think running my Blackstar preamp signal into an amp block is gonna work. I tried to upload a pic of the Axe edit screen but it doesnt wanna work.

I am using an FX loop and send/return in the patch

I attached one of the patches

Attachments

• BLACKSTAR CLEAN.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 3
The amp block and cab block are things you might want to consider adding at the end of the chain, branching to apply them to the CLR side only. It's possible to set an amp block like Tube Pre for minimal preamp drive/EQ so the power amp sim is the main thing affecting the signal at that point.

You'll almost certainly want a cab sim at least. Without one the CLR is going to have far more high frequency content than the Blackstar's speaker/cab.

That does make a difference and would almost work. I am kinda done with the CLR. After running the Blackstar and 4x12 I cant go back. Even amp and cab patches through the power amp section of the blackstar sound killer.

Anyone wanna buy a CLR

Back
Top Bottom