4cm and foh

tguitar

Inspired
Hey guys, anyone run 4cm and also use a cab sim to go direct to FOH instead of micing your cab? Not quite sure what the routing would be for pre and post FX while also using the FX loop. Any routing ides would be greatly appreciated (especially if anyone can explain if this would also be possible in stereo!). Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

That doesn't work for pre and post fx because my mk iv preamp is IN the FXL.

With feedback send & return you could have Out 2R do what Out 1 normally would in 4CM. This would let you run stereo to FOH via Out 1.

Hey guys, anyone run 4cm and also use a cab sim to go direct to FOH instead of micing your cab? Not quite sure what the routing would be for pre and post FX while also using the FX loop. Any routing ides would be greatly appreciated (especially if anyone can explain if this would also be possible in stereo!). Thanks.

I did this with my dual recto. I used "5CM". I did 4CM normally and then I took signal from the amps slave out to input1 right and made another row for that signal with cab block and then panned the rows left & right so that output1 left goes amp return and output1 right goes FOH. I think I posted a picture of that preset in another thread...

Ok, so I tried Bakerman's routing and patch example today. When I put a cab block in at the end of the chain I'm still hearing it through my real cab. Ideas?

you find any loss of gain using 4CM?
i was playing last night and for some reason it seems like my JVM had less gain than normal on the settings I usually use

No not in the slightest. I actually had to check my clean channel and make sure I wasn't hitting the front end too hard because of the amount of gain I had on the lead. Crystal clear though.

I actually had the gain down on the output 2 EQ page (doh) but I see the overload red light lighting up on the output 2 on the front of my Axe . I lowered the output on the FX loop block but is that where I should make the adjustment?

I almost never have an issue with my out 2 clipping. I always have clipping at out 1 after the cab block (last in the chain) after updating to 17. That's in my patches though that aren't in 4cm when I'm using everything in the axe and going out to my matrix and cab and out to FOH. For your clipping the out 2 however, yeah the FXL might be the best place to lower your volume. You might want to check your levels though in the I/O (?) page.

Back
Top Bottom