4-wire rig ?

CROSS232

Inspired
I have seen other people post about it.
But what is the 4 cable method for running the ax fx 2 with a Mesa head ?

There's a factory preset called 4cm. Use that for starters.

Go to I/O on the axe, set input 1 and input 2 mode to MONO. Set output 1 and output 2 mode to Sum L+R.

Then connect:
- Guitar to Axe Front input
- Output 2 L to your Mesa input
- Mesa FX Send to Axe Input 2 L
- Axe Output 1 L to your Mesa FX Return

Enjoy.

There is a spot in the manual that goes over this. Here's a quick run down.

Guitar > axe input
axe output 2 > amp input
Axe output 1 > amp effects loop return

^^ Beat me to it :)

I use 5 cable method with my Mesa dual rec revG...

Meaning normal 4cm, axe fx power amp off naturally, then the signal gomes back to afx from mesa slave out and that goes through cab block and goes direct line in for FOH. It's kinda complicated preset but pretty cool! So the FOH signal has real preamp and poweramp + ir OR AXE FX preamp and real poweramp sound if I want...

I use 5 cable method with my Mesa dual rec revG...

Meaning normal 4cm, axe fx power amp off naturally, then the signal gomes back to afx from mesa slave out and that goes through cab block and goes direct line in for FOH. It's kinda complicated preset but pretty cool! So the FOH signal has real preamp and poweramp + ir OR AXE FX preamp and real poweramp sound if I want...
I love you! This is exactly what I was looking at doing with my EVH5150III mini!

Which output do you connect the amp preamp to on the axe fx? How do your patches look like to set that up?

I love you! This is exactly what I was looking at doing with my EVH5150III mini!

Which output do you connect the amp preamp to on the axe fx? How do your patches look like to set that up?

I'll post later some pics of my patches!

EVH has only PREAMP out so you can't get the poweramp sound going back in the axe fx. I know the EVH amp because Clark Kent our other guitarist has that amp. If you want to use EVH in 5CM you need to use an IR that has some poweramp color in it, or not but I highly recommend it.

Mesas are great for this because the slave out signal has preamp AND poweramp sounds...

I would still say that it's just alot easier to use AxeFX as a preamp and your real amp just a poweramp. The AXE FX sound so good that way and you get alot less noise.

Back
Top Bottom