4 Expression pedals

Hi, just dropped in (I am away from my Axe-Fx on vacation right now)

I have two expression pedals connected to my Axe-Fx and just had the thought that I may be able to connect another two pedals to my Ground Control Pro with different MIDI assignments. (The GC pro allows 2 pedals plugged into the back of the unit itself) Has anybody else tried that with success or no success at all already? I would try it myself but won't be near my Axe-Fx until the weekend..

Cheers

godprobe said:
That should work. :)
(Assign their CCs to the Axe-Fx's External controllers on the I/O > CTRL page.)
Conversely, I suspect one could skip connecting expression pedals to the Axe-FX entirely and just connect two Expression pedals to their Ground Control Pro.

NyteOwl said:
godprobe said:
That should work. :)
(Assign their CCs to the Axe-Fx's External controllers on the I/O > CTRL page.)
Conversely, I suspect one could skip connecting expression pedals to the Axe-FX entirely and just connect two Expression pedals to their Ground Control Pro.

Yeah but he wants 4. Two via MIDI, two into the Axe. I would have major respect for someone that uses 4 exp pedals!

My floor controller has two expression pedals (one is consistently assigned to the delay in level, and the other is either the wah or a morph control between two distinct signal chains). Then I have another expression pedal, a Roland EV-5 plugged into pedal-1 in the rear of the Axe for volume control. I have a tap-temp switch (Boss FS-5u) plugged into pedal-2 in the rear of the Axe. That suits me just fine.

In some cases, I *could* use a fourth expression pedal (for patches when I need *both* the wah and the ability to morph between two signal chains), but it's not a must-have, and I think that 4th continuous controller would be rather unused (unless... hmmm, I just thought of a few more things I could do with it...)

I have 4 expression pedals connected via the liquid foot, plus a volume pedal before the input on the axe-fx to control overall volume, and I'm considering connecting two more to the back of the Ultra...

I'm like an octopus crossed with a spider...loads of fun!

a cha cha cha...

Back
Top Bottom