4 CM with 2 Effect loops

Zurichaxe

Hi all, my amp has 2 effect loops. 1 pre, 1 post preamp. How would you Connect the FM3 and chain it for best results? Thanks for any idea!
There's lot of possibilities, i m looking forward for your approachment!

Curious, what amp do you have with an FX loop before the preamp? (trying to get my head around what the intended (by amp manufacturer) use for such a loop would be)?

I'm guessing it might facilitate bringing in pre and post fx while keeping the guitar plugged directly into the amp's main input (maybe for benefits related to control of impedance, noise ...?). So in this case a chain might look like:

Guitar > ampInput > amploop1-out > Axfx-In1 > Axfx pre fx > Axfx-loop1-out > amploop1-In > amp pre > amploop2-out (traditional send) > Axfxloop1-In > Axfx post fx > Axfx-out1 > amploop2-In (traditional return).

Last edited:
How would you Connect the FM3 and chain it for best results?
That's really depends on what you need.
Do you need your drives and effects pre-first loop, into the first loop, into the second loop?
Build your "perfect preset" first and make your mind if you really need those loops at all. You might find yourself not using them.

Curious, what amp do you have with an FX loop before the preamp? (trying to get my head around what the intended (by amp manufacturer) use for such a loop would be)?

I'm guessing it might facilitate bringing in pre and post fx while keeping the guitar plugged directly into the amp's main input (maybe for benefits related to control of impedance, noise ...?). So in this case a chain might look like:

Guitar > ampInput > amploop1-out > Axfx-In1 > Axfx pre fx > Axfx-loop1-out > amploop1-In > amp pre > amploop2-out (traditional send) > Axfxloop1-In > Axfx post fx > Axfx-out1 > amploop2-In (traditional return).
Its a Mesa, Road King (1).
Thanks, i try every possibility.

If your amp has an effects loop in front of the preamp, that likely means that there’s nothing but an input jack in front of the loop. You can use 4CM and ignore that first effects loop completely, with no loss of functionality.

Back
Top Bottom