4 Cable Method with a Bassbreaker

hughj

Inspired
Just wondering If anyone has had any luck doing the 4 cable method into a 15w Fender Bassbreaker? I currently have a Vox delay and a reverb running through the fx loop of the amp with no noise or problems. If I try to hook up the ax8 (according to instructions) the amp buzzes loudly with no signal from guitar whatsoever.
If no one has used this specific amp, has anyone had the same issue with other amps? Are some amps unusable with the ax8?

Cheers

** In no way am I slagging the ax8. The unit rocks in every way. I would just love to use some of that magic through an amp I'm very fond of as well. :)

amps shouldn't be unusable with the AX8.

did you use Humbuster cables to the inputs on the amp? did you connect things correctly? did you have an FX Loop block in the Preset?

amps shouldn't be unusable with the AX8.

did you use Humbuster cables to the inputs on the amp? did you connect things correctly? did you have an FX Loop block in the Preset?
HI, Chris
I don't have humbuster cables, and don't really want to shell out extra cash, if this still doesn't work. I would go with the cables if there was a minor buzz or some sort of signal coming through.
Cheers

HI, Chris
I don't have humbuster cables, and don't really want to shell out extra cash, if this still doesn't work. I would go with the cables if there was a minor buzz or some sort of signal coming through.
Cheers
sure, it's not a requirement, just wondering.

what about the other questions?

Connecting the AX8 using the 4CM isn't exactly clear in the manual and is not what is typically the norm (FX Send to amp, FX Return from amp).

Here's the AX8 4CM connections:
NOTE: An FX Loop block will need to be used in the presets and the OUT 2 knob will need to be used for level control.

Guitar > AX8 IN 1 (INSTRUMENT)
Connected AX8 OUT 1 (MAIN) > Amp's Fx Return
Connected AX8 IN 2 (FX RTN) > Amp's Fx Send
Connected AX8 OUT 2 (FX SEND) > Amp's Input

Searching google is appears to be a known issue with the amp. Maybe check a Fender forum or contact Fender for a possible solution?

Searching google is appears to be a known issue with the amp. Maybe check a Fender forum or contact Fender for a possible solution?
This Amp has had the issue corrected and like I said in th original post, I am currently running various effects through the loop. Thank s though

This Amp has had the issue corrected and like I said in th original post, I am currently running various effects through the loop. Thank s though
your amp has a Plastic FX Send jack?

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...aker-15-loop-noise-fix.1807016/#post-23771590

as i first posted, the AX8 shouldn't be "incompatible" with a particular amp. the fact that you're not getting any guitar signal points to something being connected wrong.

as i asked before, have you placed an FX Loop block in your preset? and are you certain the connections are correct?

Yes I do have the plastic Jack's and am using an fx loop block. I guess I was hoping that there was some setting that I was missing in the ax8 that might help, but I don't think that's the case. I'll post on the fender site and see if anyone has had the same issue. Thanks guys

Yes I do have the plastic Jack's and am using an fx loop block. I guess I was hoping that there was some setting that I was missing in the ax8 that might help, but I don't think that's the case. I'll post on the fender site and see if anyone has had the same issue. Thanks guys
i can only further suggest looking at the vertical VU meters in the Setup>Utility menu and make sure audio is actually passing from Out 2, and also that the Out 2 volume knob is turned up.

Out 2 is what would pass your guitar audio from the AX8 to the Fender's instrument input - that should work regardless of issues with the Fender's Effects Loop.

in fact, you might want to disconnect all other cables and just go

guitar>AX8 input>AX8 Out 2> Fender Instrument Input

that should give sound as if you were plugging the guitar directly into the amp, assuming those connections are correct.

Just used some patch cables and have gotten a signal. Still has a pretty major buzz, but maybe humbusters would fix that. I wonder if this is an equivelant to those cables in my local store, so I could return them easily if they didn't work?

Just used some patch cables and have gotten a signal. Still has a pretty major buzz, but maybe humbusters would fix that. I wonder if this is an equivelant to those cables in my local store, so I could return them easily if they didn't work?
Sorry, I just realized that I am asking for a way to cheat fractal out of selling some high quality humbusters cords. Does anyone know if all four cords need to be humbusters?

Sorry, I just realized that I am asking for a way to cheat fractal out of selling some high quality humbusters cords. Does anyone know if all four cords need to be humbusters?
the manual shows how to create your own, so you're not cheating anyone.

humbuster is used for any of the AX8 outputs - so you'd need 2 most likely.

the manual shows how to create your own, so you're not cheating anyone.

humbuster is used for any of the AX8 outputs - so you'd need 2 most likely.
Thanks for all the help Chris. I really appreciate you and the others taking the time.

Just trying to cover all possibilities, experience has taught me never to presume. Good luck.

I bought a Fender Bassbreaker 15 last year and tried to run it in 4CM with a Helix (I didn't have my AX8 at the time). I had the same noise issues. I bought a ground loop isolator which reduced the noise but didn't eliminate it. Then I gave up and returned the amp.

From what I could tell from Google, the amp is poorly designed regarding the effects loop placement.

I bought a Fender Bassbreaker 15 last year and tried to run it in 4CM with a Helix (I didn't have my AX8 at the time). I had the same noise issues. I bought a ground loop isolator which reduced the noise but didn't eliminate it. Then I gave up and returned the amp.

From what I could tell from Google, the amp is poorly designed regarding the effects loop placement.
I think I'm going to stick with frfr and dump my amp too. Its too bad, it is a great sounding amp on its own.
Thanks for the input.

I think I'm going to stick with frfr and dump my amp too. Its too bad, it is a great sounding amp on its own.
Thanks for the input.
I've used the AX8 into the front of my 65 Amps London Pro and Brunetti Pleximan using various amp models with great results.

Back
Top Bottom