4 button switch AND Exp pedal?

Unfortunately that configuration will not work. The OCD Quad uses two TRS cables, and will leave you with no place to plug your expression pedal into the FM3.

Thanks, I thought that was the situation, but saw someone's board with both on it. They must be using the volume pedal in line before the guitar input.

Buy a midi board.

I have a Airstep, plus a ampero hotone and 2 pedals expression and still have room for one more.

Other option is to get creative with all the tap and hold functions and see if you can make the 3 switches work on their own
👆This.

Once you combine tap/hold and view links, and standardize them across all your presets, navigating even the most complex presets is a snap.

I currently have an expression pedal in one slot, and a 2-button footswitch in the other--which gets used as stand-in switches that handle the global functions I want to access in every preset (tuner/preset view/tap tempo/toggle solo).

Looking at on OCD 4 button switch to go with the FM3. Is it possible to use one and still use an expression pedal?
I think the best bet for what you want is a MIDI expression pedal. The you could still use the OCD 4.

I think Boss has one that transmits MIDI out over TRS, so a conversion would be involved.

After lots of back-and-forth with and without the external switch, I find that I can quickly cover lots of options with the two button external switch:
Yeah that’s where I am now. A 2 button Moskey switch. Works great. But some of these slim 4 button switches have me curious. Would fit well on my board.

I have a two button footswitch in my rig, set up as stand in switches.

20240127_074311.jpg

The top one is a table of contents - it switches the layout view from Presets to Scenes to Controllers/Tuner.

The bottom one scrolls through three Views of the above Layouts. So, I can see:

Presets - 1 2 3, then 4 5 6, then Bank Up Bank Down followed by back to 1 2 3

Scenes - 1 2 3, then 4 5 6, then 7 8 Tap/Tuner

Control - CS1 (Momentary) CS2 (Latching) Tap/Tune, then (Utility) Scene volume up and save, Scene volume down and save, and cant remember after that!

I can share the Layout if anyone wants it 😀

Last edited:
I have a 4-button switch and two expression pedals with my FM-3.

I use a Midi Baby 3 to connect the expression pedals via midi, and the DIY 4-button switch connected to the exp jacks on the FM-3.

Works like a charm.

I also have my 3 favorite presets programmed to the Midi Baby 3 so I can get to any of my three favorite presets quickly without managing the footswitch Layers.

Back
Top Bottom