4 bank external foot switches for MFC-101

Some time ago I saw a post for someone who was making a 4 bank external foot switch that matched the side of the MFC-101 foot controller. I have done quite a bit of searching, but can't seem to find it anymore. Does anyone know if they are still making them and if so, can I get a link?

thanks in advance,

Keith

It seems there's a limitation as to what you can control with the external switches, due to the lack of status LED's. That's a real bummer for me.

It seems there's a limitation as to what you can control with the external switches, due to the lack of status LED's. That's a real bummer for me.

Status LED are really hard to do -- your external switches would need to be able to read the incoming MIDI feed to decide what state the LEDs should be in on preset and scene changes (or really on any MIDI event).

Yep. That's why I have all four of those buttons assigned to functions that don't need an LED. :)

If I could move the UP / DOWN / EDIT / REVEAL buttons over to that footswitch, life would be pretty good. I have another thread going about this already.
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-w...c-101-ability-move-[down-up-edit-reveal].html

3e11b0ea60612a5e619f7217b1e38496.jpg

I just had my buddy build this for me and we are trying to figure that out...

Jarrod Glasby

Nice!

I would suggest spreading the switches a little more, you have enough space on that surface so it will make easier to step on the desired switch you want and not a close one.
The LED's are nice but….unfortunate in the external 4 switch situation it is useless as the external unit cannot "read" a block status it is programmed to.
Only way to lit a LED according to a specific block status is if the unit will be also connected via MIDI and there is a "conversation" going on between the external switcher, the MFC and the Axe.

Still, a good use f external switching is scene up/down, Volume increased/decrease etc.

Good luck.

So is it not possible at all to have the LEDs show the status of your external switches?

Jarrod Glasby

Not as far as I know. The problem is, if you change a scene/patch on the Axe-Fx then the LED won't know that a change has been made, so it can get a little tricky. It might be better to assign functions that don't really require LEDs to the external switches, and put the other functions on the MFC. So for example, use the external for tap, tuner, looper.... and other similar functions that you don't really need to see an LED for (the looper/tuner will show up on your Axe-Fx display so you know they are engaged/not).

Back
Top Bottom