Bug? 4.01 b2 - Scene gaps caused by (unconnected) Chorus block channel changes, only in specific block locations? (Fixed in 4.01)

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
Firmware 4.01 beta 2.

I notice some unexpected gaps in some synth scenes of one of my presets. I narrowed it down to channel changes in a Chorus block that was in a completely different signal path.

So I stripped the preset down to some of the synth path, but with the now disconnected Chorus block still there. And the gaps in the synth chain still occur when the Chorus block changes channels?? But then noticed that if I moved that still disconnected Chorus block to certain locations on the grid, the gaps go away.

Also, if I move the Synth block horizontally across the grid, closer to the Delay block, the block locations containing the Chorus block that cause the gaps also moves.
See screenshots below for more clarification..

There may be other effect block/grid location combinations that exhibit this, as It seems like I found other presets with scene gaps that weren't there before. But haven't spent the time to find the culprit. I suspect that I will be getting emails about strange anomalies in some more of my presets.:(

Sample presets...

'FM9 4.01b2 BUG - 1' preset demonstrates the gaps when switching through scenes 1 to 4
'FM9 4.01b2 BUG - 2' preset is a copy of #1 with the Chorus block moved to a different block and demonstrates no gaps when switching through scenes 1 to 4
'FM9 4.01b2 BUG - 3' preset has the Synth block moved right before the Delay block and demonstrates the difference in the block locations that exhibit the gaps when switching through scenes 1 to 4

FM9 BUG 4.01b 1.png
FM9 BUG 4.01b 3.png

Attachments

• 480_FM9 4.01b2 BUG 1.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 481_FM9 4.01b2 BUG 2.syx
  • 482_FM9 4.01b2 BUG 3.syx
Last edited:
That is super interesting. I wonder if the blocks are loaded and start processing top left to bottom right as a way to get the signal through as efficiently as possible, and the chorus block here gets in the way of the delay block in the processor memory.

Back
Top Bottom