2U Rack Bag Review/Shootout

Hey all. I did a review/shootout of 3 rack bags for the Axe-Fx II. I know these specific models have been talked about before on the forums, which has been helpful. I just also thought it might be cool to do a video showing all three. I covered the SKB 2U rack bag, Gator GRB2U Audio bag, and the Roadrunner RKPRC2.

In the first portion of the video, I do a quick overview of what I like/dislike about each, and then the bulk of the video is a hands-on review of them separately.

***UPDATE: I am currently using the Gator 2U Bag. For my personal setup, the back flap ended up being the easiest to maneuver and set up - contrary to what I originally assumed. I have my Axe-Fx on the 2nd tier of a keyboard stand and thought the back would be a hassle as I stated in the video. It actually worked out to be the easiest to manage FOR ME. The other bags are both good options, though. For the Gator case, I was worried about the 'no clearance' top to bottom in the rack, but after reading many reviews and posts - it seems overheating isn't a problem. I also don't run the Axe for more than 3 hours at a time - usually less. I was also concerned about the back flap/bottom of the bag having less protection, but this is mainly for practice and I don't tour with it.

I really did like the protection of the SKB bag. I also liked the lightweight Roadrunner bag with the good handle. It just worked out that the Gator worked best in my situation.

Last edited:
By the way - thanks to all who may have already posted about these cases. Your info led me to researching them and eventually putting together this video!

I run the SKB case. No problems so far. Stumbled upon your video after I had already bought the case and have been using it for a while. Good information for those in the market. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah I really liked the durability and protection of that SKB - it was just a little bulky for my purposes - although it's not really that bulky! For most people there won't be a HUGE difference (a pound here, a couple inches dimension-wise there). I was just looking for the absolute most slim, easiest to tote around and setup - case. For me, Gator was the best choice. However, as stated before they are all decent bags.

Back
Top Bottom