2nd post new question from a newbie

Elbow

Okay, starting to get the hang of this. I bought an FX8 mark 2 used and it came without a manual so finding this info is easier than flailing around the online manual that I will be printing out tomorrow. So here goes.
I searched for a Mutron 3 patch and found a link to a patch that I think will work really well. My question if 2 fold
1. Can I use a patch that was created for AX8? No cabs or amp patches needed. Just the FX(ma'am)
2. How the F do I do it? Do I save it to my Edit or just to the computer and then load it from there?
Thanks All.

I believe (and am not 100% sure) that what you need is a .blk file for the effect block you want.

Edit: once you download the .blk file, you should be able to import it using FX8 Edit.

1. Can I use a patch that was created for AX8? No cabs or amp patches needed. Just the FX(ma'am)
Nope. Presets are very specific to the devices they were created on.
2. How the F do I do it? Do I save it to my Edit or just to the computer and then load it from there?
You may be able to have someone with an AX8 export the individual blk files from the preset and then use those in FX8-Edit to create a preset in your FX8. Not 100% certain on that one though. You can drag the preset file on to the magnifying glass in FracTool and it will show you the layout of the preset and from there you can select any block in the grid and save it to a blk file.

Edit: is your username a nod to the band?

Nope. Presets are very specific to the devices they were created on.

You may be able to have someone with an AX8 export the individual blk files from the preset and then use those in FX8-Edit to create a preset in your FX8. Not 100% certain on that one though. You can drag the preset file on to the magnifying glass in FracTool and it will show you the layout of the preset and from there you can select any block in the grid and save it to a blk file.

Edit: is your username a nod to the band?
I'm not sure which band you are referring to and because of that probably not. I'm a member of a Grateful Dead tribute call the Noodles. When we started we took on pasta names such as angel hair for our bald drummer and mostaccioli etc. I decided on Elbow :) BTW, thanks for the info. In the body of the post the guy put individual settings and then further down the thread another guy created a patch from the first guy's settings and offered that as a download. I downloaded it to my desktop and then attempted to "open with"both the FX8 EDIT and the fractal bot but neither would open the file. Here the thread and the settings are explained in the first post. It's a really good likeness of a Mutron 111. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ax8-does-grateful-dead-mutron-iii-effect.112794/

Just a tip... Your thread title is your friend.

A title that gives the potential reader/responder some clue of what it is about is much more likely to get you a response.
Thanks for the tip and I can see that a proper title would attract more answers. I will do that going forward. Cheers!

I'm not sure which band you are referring to and because of that probably not. I'm a member of a Grateful Dead tribute call the Noodles. When we started we took on pasta names such as angel hair for our bald drummer and mostaccioli etc. I decided on Elbow :) BTW, thanks for the info. In the body of the post the guy put individual settings and then further down the thread another guy created a patch from the first guy's settings and offered that as a download. I downloaded it to my desktop and then attempted to "open with"both the FX8 EDIT and the fractal bot but neither would open the file. Here the thread and the settings are explained in the first post. It's a really good likeness of a Mutron 111. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ax8-does-grateful-dead-mutron-iii-effect.112794/
Yeah, that thread is pretty well referenced... You can just copy the block settings manually... I did that and I actually have an Axe Fx. There aren't that many settings.

Alternately, as suggested use FracTool to open the preset and save the Wah block only (as a .blk file). Once you have that, you can put it into the FX8-Edit saved block folder and load it into a preset.

If you like FracTool considering donating to its creator... It's a very useful tool!

Yeah, that thread is pretty well referenced... You can just copy the block settings manually... I did that and I actually have an Axe Fx. There aren't that many settings.

Alternately, as suggested use FracTool to open the preset and save the Wah block only (as a .blk file). Once you have that, you can put it into the FX8-Edit saved block folder and load it into a preset.

If you like FracTool considering donating to its creator... It's a very useful tool!
It looks like the fractool is for the ax and axfx. Will it work with FX8?

Back
Top Bottom