2nd Mark II coming....

steve_k

Inspired
Finally, my email came yesterday and my number was up on the Mark II. Order placed....Now I don't have to keep dragging one out of my rack and into the house and changing settings all the time. Looking forward to having a pair of Axes again.

Thanks Matt and Cliff......

Steve

It is embarrassing but I did the same thing and now I am playing at 2 different campuses on Sundays and could use a 3rd. I do realize that it is a luxury to be able to just leave the rack in place when I am practicing every Thurs and playing every Sunday at the same venue. All I bring back and forth twice per week is my pedal board (PT2 in Monocase) with my MFC and 2 Mission pedals and my guitar on my back. I tuck my macbook in my case, transfer my presets and I am all set. Monitoring with a CLR wedge which also has a feed from the house to mix with my signal direct from the AFII. This has been the best performing environment I have ever experienced!

I feel you man. If you can afford it it's a luxury we'd probably all love to have. Right now I am constantly hauling my MKII between my band jam room 25 miles away, my improv mini home studio room and sometimes my band borrows it to work on presets at home since right now I only play drums in bands. We're all pretty busy so we never have much time to sit down and make presets together/me explain all the awesome stuff the fractal can do to the guitarist in my band who uses it. Right now he uses his pod HD500 for alot of stuff still because there isn't enough Axe fx to go around. I like to use it as an outboard hardware insert in protools since i'm in audio engineering school too. Axe FX is just so great and versatile for any sort of signal processing once you real understand all the ins and outs you realize that its worth every penny because beside being by far the best guitar amp/rig for the money it holds its own with all sorts of signal processing plugins and hardware units. Now with the new ultra res cab stuff I really wish I had two.

It would be nice to have my MKII for live and the band and then another say the as a dedicated signal processing unit I could use at home or in the studio. Lots of nice cabinets come through the school i'm training at so it would be nice to have an extra on hand at all times for home/studio. Then I could make all kinds of cool IRs in a really nice pro studio room with a ton of different mics and some great preamps!!!
Either way I plan to start carrying it with me back and forth everyday. I just need to get a power amp since i've been using my guitarists and he can't play without it(bc his only rig is podhd500 and his poweramp). Then I could whip it out everyday and make lots of cool impulse responses to share.

My hope is if I have time by the time I graduate I can release my own IR cab pack for the fractal community. It will be free since it would be a school project.

Nice, are you guys drug lords!!!!!??? Haha
LOL. If I were I wouldn't talking about getting another unit. I would already have one and a Kemper just for the hell of it. Like I said I see alot of really nice rigs running through the studio and know alot of people with rare amps and cabs. If I had the money I would love to have a mkII a mkII XL and then a kemper. I would use the kemper to profile the amps. Being a gearslut I read alot about different gear. There are alot of people/studios selling kemper amp profile packs of all sorts of rare amps profiled through all sorts of nice studio gear. I would get the kemper mainly for that purpose. Then I would round up all the rare amps and cabs and do a bunch of high quality profiles with a bunch of different types of mics in a nice room and sell maybe a couple hundred profiles of dozens of amps as a pack for the kemper. For some reason I see alot of that over in kemper land whereas here other than a few of the very high quality cab packs people share everything :)

Back
Top Bottom