24 hour FM9 review

Ledvedder

Inspired
I've had my FM9 for about 24 hours, so I thought I'd share my thoughts so far. I've mostly been going through the stock presets. I'm really enjoying it. First thing I did was load the new beta firmware and reset all system parameters. So many options to dive in to. I did purchase the @Cooper Carter Master class to go through at some point. I've been trying it with output 1 into my studio monitors. It doesn't seem to get very loud, even with the output 1 level knob maxed. The Axe II I had seemed much louder. I also tried a few options out of output 3. One into the power amp of my Boss Katana Artist, and another into my Fryette Power Station, then to my 2x12 cab. These options also didn't seem to get very much volume. I checked all the levels in the global settings and I/O menus. I'm sure I have something set wrong. I'm still debating whether to get a proper FRFR cab. I've looked at various options (Red Sound MF.10, Xitone cabs, EV Pxm, Laney LFR, etc). There aren't any dealers in my area where I could try any out. It's definitely a bit of an investment, so I want to be sure I make the right choice.

I HAVE AN AXE FX II HERE RIGHT NEXT TO MY FM9 T AND I DON'T HEAR A VOLUME DIFFERENCE. SO MAYBE A SETTING IS OFF, HAVE YOU TRIED TO RELOAD THE FIRMWARE A 2ND TIME JUST TO MAKE SURE IT'S NOT THAT?

YOU PROBABLY ALREADY CHECKED THIS BUT MAKE SURE ALL CABLES ARE PLUGGED IN FULLY, THAT CAN CAUSE A REDUCTION IN VOLUME.

I tried going into the Power Station effects return, instead of the line input, and the level was perfect then. Not sure why, since Fryette support said to use the line input. I'm still not sure if I wanna go with PS/guitar cab route. One big reason for the FM9 was convenience for me. So, I'm still contemplating FRFR options.

I HAVE AN AXE FX II HERE RIGHT NEXT TO MY FM9 T AND I DON'T HEAR A VOLUME DIFFERENCE. SO MAYBE A SETTING IS OFF, HAVE YOU TRIED TO RELOAD THE FIRMWARE A 2ND TIME JUST TO MAKE SURE IT'S NOT THAT?

YOU PROBABLY ALREADY CHECKED THIS BUT MAKE SURE ALL CABLES ARE PLUGGED IN FULLY, THAT CAN CAUSE A REDUCTION IN VOLUME.
Please do not ever use a regular font. This is now your trademark. You most always type with this font size.

Fine with me. I'm 50+ which means almost deaf and have a poor vision. I don't feel like being yelled at, I have a bigger problem with all the young folks talking so quietly and everything being so terribly fine-printed.

That's my no wearing glasses font. Nice to have a font large enough to read without my glasses on while I jam guitar.

I'm not yelling, just easier to see that font size without my glasses. It's the perfect sizes.

We want you to contribute and enjoy the forum, but, out of courtesy to the entire forum, I’d recommend selecting the text of your message immediately before posting it, and clicking the paragraph mark in the post toolbar, and select “Normal”. That will remove the size and header tags.

The forum rules specifically says
No excessively foul language, trolling, hate speech, or adult content. Also, don't SHOUT.

Many of us wear glasses or adjust the fonts or their sizes. It’s possible to take advantage of the visual accessibility features in the OS that will step around the issue.

Last edited:
We want you to contribute and enjoy the forum, but, out of courtesy to the entire forum, I’d recommend selecting the text of your message immediately before posting it, and clicking the paragraph mark in the post toolbar, and select “Normal”. That will remove the size and header tags.

The forum rules specifically says

Many of us wear glasses or adjust the fonts or their sizes. It’s possible to take advantage of the visual accessibility features in the OS that will step around the issue.
How is this size Greg? This works good.

Is there a color rule I need to know about incase I want to switch colors with my new font size?

Back
Top Bottom