2203 Suite Preset

Here's the four core tones I have ended up with after days and days of just playing on the 2203 exclusively ever since it was added in the new firmwares.

There are four scenes, each with different gain settings: Clean (that uses the 2203 Low input), Bluesy edge-of-breakup, a punk-ish rhythm, and high gain mod'ed Marshall. Especially enjoyed mod-ing the 2203 (using the advanced parameters) for getting a hot-rod'ed high gain tone that does Van Halen-y things as well as more modern high gain chugga-chugga. Love how much gain you can get out of it without the amp sounding compressed; it's open and articulate (almost too scratchy on occasion) which is great for doing more intricate chord voicings and "faster" riffage.

The IR in the bundle (as always in my case) is ML Sound Lab's Best IR in the World (free IR available here), but I recommend blending in some Greenbacks to taste with it to bring some of that sizzle to the front (if you want).

Thank you Cliff and James Freeman and everyone else who made the the 2203 a reality in the Axe! Had so much fun building this simple yet versatile preset.

Attachments

• 2203 Suite.fasBundle
    18.4 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom