21.02 bricked my Axe-Fx III(fixed)

shredmechanic

Inspired
I updated the firmware on my Axe-Fx III mk1 to 21.02 and it is not working anymore. The unit turns on, loads the last preset I had selected, and then it freezes while emitting a high pitched digital screeching noise from Output 1. All of the buttons on the Axe-Fx are unresponsive and Axe-Edit can't communicate with it. The only change made since it was working correctly was to update the firmware.

Any ideas for troubleshooting this?

Thanks for this. I followed the instructions and my Axe-Fx passed the memory test. However, it is still exhibiting the same symptoms and when I launch Axe-Edit while in the emergency boot loader it gives me an error stating:

"Axe-Edit III version 1.12.13 requires Axe-Fx III firmware version 3.02 or later. Please update the connected device" - which I can't do because the Axe-Fx freezes after startup.

The linked instructions lead me to believe I'd be able to startup with the emergency bootloader and recover my Axe-Fx via Axe-Edit but that doesn't seem to be possible. Any other ideas?

The linked instructions lead me to believe I'd be able to startup with the emergency bootloader and recover my Axe-Fx via Axe-Edit but that doesn't seem to be possible. Any other ideas?
It says to use fractal bot, not axe edit

I wasn't aware that Fractal Bot is still available as a standalone application - I thought that FAS had rolled it into Axe-Edit as I normally reach it via the "Tools" menu.

I was able to get Fractal Bot to communicate with the Axe-Fx after performing the "Problems With Global Settings And Parameters" procedure(the first two procedures didn't yield any changes) and downloading a standalone instance of Fractal Bot.

Thanks to @sean.e and @trixdropd for pointing out that important detail

Back
Top Bottom