2022 new guitars/gear? what has you excited?

MusicMan seems to have embraced more bolder designs over the years. Coming from a long line of pretty traditional guitars I"m trying to think of the first model that was pretty divergent...maybe the JP Majesty was first to take a sideways turn? I dont' mean that in a negative way...just a different direction in design. There was the Armada too which I believe they stopped making already...the St. Vincent. Now that I think of it the Albert Lee model was pretty angular in design and that's been around long time
I like the Albert Lee design. The St Vincent is also pretty interesting. I do like new / daring guitar designs. The Majesty is a cool design too.

I mainly like to window shop...walk around the yard kickin' tires. I'm not all that interested with the myriad of new finish options for same guitars or even new guitars really. Dare I say, I think i'm guitar'd out. Pretty damn satiated with what I have. Probably the only thing that would grab me is more midi /DAW related controllers. Things with knobs that I can go twirly twirly, Savvy?
Am I misremembering your history on this very site, or is this "Pretty damn satiated" thing a relatively recent development? ;)

Had I not bought my Native Instruments Komplete 61 earlier this year I'd be quite interested in this new keyboard workstation from Akai. I always wanted mpc pads combined into a keyboard form and they have done it this year. I figure this will give Roland and Yamaha some good competition.

I personally retired my recent PRS SE HBII Piezo for a PRS Silver Sky, thinking it would cover more bases. In fact, the SS does a lot more IMHO than the HBII Piezo can, genre-wise. The SS's notes bloom with my FM9, whereas the HBII was somewhat static (read: not as inclined to provide a wider variety of tones).

Yet that is my entire higher-ticket budget purchase for 2022. Larger purchases are above my pay grade, and only wishful thinking, not needs.

Last edited:
Excited? Not so much. I get tired of rolling over into the cold spot in bed. Just makes for more laundry.

Back
Top Bottom