2010 Summer blockbusters

GuitarDojo

Since I am on a strict budget my movie going has been confined to higher rated movies. I usually stalk the user reviews at yahoo and rotten tomatoes before I go.

The big one for me this year was INCEPTION.
It is a well thought out script and is more of a "Mission Impossible" meets "Matrix" type movie. Great cast, story and visuals.
If your one of those that like to kick back a few and stumble into the theater, dont see this, You MUST pay attention in this movie or you will get lost!!

Predators was another good one for me but if you are not into the predators thing it is still Netflix/dvd worthy or whatever you use...
It's the boy in me that likes to see stuff blow up. I'm not a big Robert Rodriquez movie fan but he did good on this one. The way this movie started off is classic - Adrian Brody coming out unconsciousness while free falling throught the clouds with a "alien" type parachute strapped to his back, classic.

Get him to the Greek - less than DVD worthy. Regret spending $9 x2. My wife wanted to walk out...

Next up-
SALT (The wife requested this one and the reviews are well above average)

Waiting for :
Dinner for Schmucks
The Other Guys
The Expendables

Hey Dojo... my wife and I went to go see Inception last week and I have to agree with what you said... it was one crazy ride... with the experiences that I've had in my life, this movie felt like a complicated roller coaster ride that was very easy for me to understand... on the other hand my wife wanted nothing to do with it... she wanted to walk out 20 minutes into the movie. Even though the movie was 2 1/2 hours long, (for me) it still felt a bit "rushed," I wish they could have explained the "technology" a bit more... maybe expand on some of the other character's backgrounds a bit more, but it was definitely a great movie.

Predators got some horrible reviews but since you said it was pretty good, then I'm definitely going to go see it.

My wife and I like to go to the movies quite often so we usually wait for the pass restrictions to expire on movies so we can use the Entertainment book coupons... buy one get one free. $10 dollar tickets (x2) plus dinner ($40) is very expensive (especially when you do it as often as we do) But last week we found out that Rivercenter Mall has $4 dollar movies all day Monday-Thursday!!!! So that's going to be our new stomping ground.

Yes, I'm with you on Inception. Very cool and different.
I just saw and can recommend The Kids Are All Right, acting is great, but homophobes should avoid. Take the wife, leave the kids.
Exit Through the Gift Shop is documentary-style, artsy and street-smart, "small" movie, pretty entertaining.
On the small screen I watched the premiere of Rubicon last night after Mad Men, it looks good, conspiracy-code-breaking-spy kind of series. Airs on Sunday nights, start watching so you won't get lost.
Summer usually sucks for movies except for one or two, Inception is the must-see IMO.

GuitarDojo said:
The Expendables

+1
This one looks really good judging from the trailers

I wish Schwarzenegger had a bigger part in it also... but it appears to be just a quick cameo. But i guess thats understandable :eek:

mortega76 said:
Hey Dojo... my wife and I went to go see Inception last week and I have to agree with what you said... it was one crazy ride... with the experiences that I've had in my life, this movie felt like a complicated roller coaster ride that was very easy for me to understand... on the other hand my wife wanted nothing to do with it... she wanted to walk out 20 minutes into the movie. Even though the movie was 2 1/2 hours long, (for me) it still felt a bit "rushed," I wish they could have explained the "technology" a bit more... maybe expand on some of the other character's backgrounds a bit more, but it was definitely a great movie.

Predators got some horrible reviews but since you said it was pretty good, then I'm definitely going to go see it.

My wife and I like to go to the movies quite often so we usually wait for the pass restrictions to expire on movies so we can use the Entertainment book coupons... buy one get one free. $10 dollar tickets (x2) plus dinner ($40) is very expensive (especially when you do it as often as we do) But last week we found out that Rivercenter Mall has $4 dollar movies all day Monday-Thursday!!!! So that's going to be our new stomping ground.

If your into the whole predator thing, go see this. Otherwise be like my wife and skip it. :p
You should get the movie watcher cards for Santikos, Regal and AMC. We always get free stuff or a "Free night at the movies". The cards are free and I am pretty sure you get something free when you sign up and get it swiped the first time.

Back
Top Bottom