Wish 2 SOURCES per Modifier in FM9, like AXE FX3

BobXX

Inspired
Wish also FM9 will have 2 sources per each modifier.

There are up to 32 modifiers allowed simultaneusly per each preset, a lot indeed,
personally I'd rather prefer to have less max no. modifiers but 100% compatible with the AXE FX III ones.

If adding 2nd source will reduce modifiers' max number we could keep the backwards compatibility by letting the user choose
e.g. a 32 x 1 or 16 x 2 configuration.
OR
reducing (in FM9) the maximum of 32 modifiers whenever 2 sources are used to 31...30..29 etc. in order to have a max total of 32 "controls"

I know it's a niche request maybe for few users,
personally I like a lot this feature that allows a smarter modifiers' management.

Unfortunately in my experience this is also the most annoying AF3-FM9 presets' incompatibility issue,
forcing me to never use 2 source modifier in AF3 too to make same preset easily inportable in FM9.

In fact I can relatively manage FM9 lower CPU power for the bigger AF3 presets, I can even manage some compromise for the missing 2nd Pitch (doubling the presets and gaps using only one of the two pitches)

but If I use 2 sources in AF3 and then I import the preset in FM9, the second source disappears and the preset have to be completely rearranged to get the same or similar behaviour.
And this happens even having 30 modifiers left there free and unused: it sounds pretty strange to me. ;)

AXE FX3 modifier:

2023-11-09_22h32_27.png

Same modifier imported in FM9:

2023-11-09_22h48_23.png

NOTE: I have both AXE FX3 T and an FM9 T, using them depending on stage space, time allowed, flights to be taken or not.

Last edited:
Wish also FM9 will have 2 sources per each modifier.

There are up to 32 modifiers allowed simultaneusly per each preset, a lot indeed,

I have a couple presets that use all 32, an most of my presets use at least 16....

I'd prefer to have a maximum of 16 instead in FM9 but 100% compatible with first 16 AXE FX III ones and 2 sources each.

I know it's a niche request maybe for few users,
personally I like a lot this feature that allows a smarter modifiers' management.

Unfortunately in my experience this is also the most annoying AF3-FM9 presets' incompatibility issue,
forcing me to never use 2 source modifier in AF3 too to make same preset be easily inportable in FM9.

In fact I can relatively manage FM9 lower CPU power for the bigger AF3 presets, I can even manage some compromise for the missing 2nd Pitch (doubling the presets and gaps using only one of the two pitches)

but If I use 2 sources in AF3 and then I import the preset in FM9, the second source disappears and the preset have to be completely rearranged to get the same or similar behaviour.
And this happens even having 30 modifiers left there free and unused: it sounds pretty strange to me.

AXE FX3 modifier:

View attachment 133329

Same modifier imported in FM9:

View attachment 133330

NOTE: I have both AXE FX3 T and an FM9 T, using them depending on stage space, time allowed, flights to be taken or not.

+1 to the dual sources, but with all 32 modifiers left in place.... :)

+1 to the dual sources, but with all 32 modifiers left in place.... :)
A solution could be to reduce maximim n. of modifiers when double sources are used.

Just courious: what for are you using 16 or 32 modifiers? With a DAW, Foot controller, other controller ? Wich one? 😊

A solution could be to reduce maximim n. of modifiers when double sources are used.

Just courious: what for are you using 16 or 32 modifiers? With a DAW, Foot controller, other controller ? Wich one? 😊

20240101_224106.jpg

The "kitchen sink" presets are ready for anything that might come along, and rely on the #2 pedal and control switches to make it happen smoothly....

Presets for individual songs are usually on the lighter end of the range, as only the specific stuff for the one song is needed....

The "kitchen sink" presets are ready for anything that might come along, and rely on the #2 pedal and control switches to make it happen smoothly....

Presets for individual songs are usually on the lighter end of the range, as only the specific stuff for the one song is needed....

You're definitely crazier than me and I like to have found one! 🖤🖤

This is my compact rig (with FM9) that I use when I can't carry the rack with AXE FXIII + big foot controllers array (big controller not big feet :laughing:):

20240117_174009.jpg

Since I need absolutely 10 preset per bank, the solution was to add buttons 9 and 0 you can see in the top right area and connected them to PDL1 and PDL2 to be mapped as "Select in Bank".

Having just 1 free PDL port for the two expression pedals I was forced to program the embedded Arduino board to read them and send MIDI pedal CC positions to my FM9. It was already there for the additional footswitches you can see in the middle.

20231128_161646.jpg

Everything can be easily opened for rapid maintenance,
inside there's a Phantom power blocker I personally designed to protect FM9 inputs, power supply, Line6 RF receiver and other devices.

I personally cut the aluminium parts with mm precision to fit everything saving most space and weight as possible... crazy crazy work

This is what demanding people like us have to manage for their goals...

20231128_161522.jpg

Last edited:
You're definitely crazier than me and I like to have found one! 🖤🖤

This is my compact rig (with FM9) that I use when I can't carry the rack with AXE FXIII + big foot controllers array (big controller not big feet :laughing:):

View attachment 133430

Since I need absolutely 10 preset per bank, the solution was to add buttons 9 and 0 you can see in the top right area and connected them to PDL1 and PDL2 to be mapped as "Select in Bank".

Having just 1 free PDL port for the two expression pedals I was forced to program the embedded Arduino board to read them and send MIDI pedal CC positions to my FM9. It was already there for the additional footswitches you can see in the middle.

View attachment 133433

Everything can be easily opened for rapid maintenance,
inside there's a Phantom power blocker I personally designed to protect FM9 inputs, power supply, Line6 RF receiver and other devices.

I personally cut the aluminium parts with mm precision to fit everything saving most space and weight as possible... crazy crazy work

This is what demanding people like us have to manage for their goals...

View attachment 133434

Impressive!

Back
Top Bottom