2 questions regarding Kalthallen IR's and new factory presets

ozanerkal

Inspired
1. with 17.04, i was using the FREE "Axe-Fx sys files" downloaded from the Kalthallen site, and some of them were really great. after the upgrade to 18.04, all of them sound terribly noisy, tinny and they are clipping. i tried a system reset, i tried to erase and reload them, but nothing changed. anyone have an idea?

2. with two of the new factory presets (279-New Country and 283-In a Fixx) i am sensing an extra distortion. if you play chords (try 2-3 or 6 string chords) each note has a delightful distortion to it and this is what is intended i guess, but while the notes continue, there is also a subtle distorted sound as if a speaker has been torn or something. i checked both through the Atomic CLR and through headphones, and it was there. i turned all effects and the cab on/off but it was there. so it must be in the amp block.
i only want to know if this is the case only with me or do others also hear it? if you hear it do you take it normally, or do you think that it may be a kind of fault?

thanks

When they were removed from the stock set of cabs, I downloaded the Kalthallen IR wavs (rather than the syx files they had premade) and converted them manually to UR syx/ir files with Cab-Lab. No worries here.

Back
Top Bottom