2 Questions about pedals and the FCB1010

JJunkie

Power User
Hi guys, I have an FCB with uno and I have 2 pedals running into the Pedal 1 and 2 inputs of the axe. my questions are:

1) is there a way to stop the axe from recognising the on/off states of the external pedals? for example, first i play on one patch and stomp on pedal 1 to engage the drive block. then i change to another patch. in this patch, drive block is initially bypassed. to engage the drive block now, i need to stomp on pedal 1 twice. This gets pretty confusing playing live. my pedal doesnt have a led. (i tried one with al led, but it wouldnt work coz the led sucked all the juice from the stomp signal).

2) is there a way to use pedal 1 and 2 input in the FCB OnO?? this currently does not work for me.

Thanks alot

Do you mean pedal as in long-travel/vol type? what you should be using for this are f/switches.As most f/sw. with Led.indicators use battery power to run the Led there is
no way it will affect the signal as it is totally seperate . The 1010 pedals function perfectly
as volume & wah'/whatever is assigned on patch,so extra pedals are :?:

I had a similar problem a while back...I have a couple of keyboard sustain pedals plugged into switch 1 and 2 on the Axe to use as stompboxes... for some reason the drive block (and ONLY the drive block) didn't always engage on the first stomp. I finally moved the drive switching to be controlled by the the FCB and used the pedal/switch for delay.

There is a way using the FCB to do what you want with maintaining the on/off status of an effect during patch changing... I'm just not sure how... A friend of mine had his set-up this way for a while, but in the end didn't like it.

If I get a chance to talk to him... I'll get the skinny on it and post back.

Later man...

Thanks guys.

I use pedals 1 and 2 for drive and pitch shift bypass, and its the same problem with both. One of the pedals is a marshall amp channel stomp and the other is a keyboard sustain pedal. I will try changing the effect assignment around as guitarded suggested.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom