Wish 2 PITCH blocks, 1 ON at a time

BobXX

Inspired
It could be a very good enhancement to allow to design a preset with 2 PITCH blocks placed in different positions in the chain,
e.g. a typical one with a Virtual Capo/Octaver near the input and an Harmonizer after the AMP,
but allowing only one of the two to be activated in the same time.

NOTE:
It's not clear why FM9 hasn't enough power to manage 2 Pitch blocks, it seems because there's only 1 pitch detector,
if this is the case I think everyone could accept to share pitch detector point, but allowing 2 pitch blocks in different places in the chain.

Have you seen Moke's moving pitch block?

Now with gapless switching I prefer to double AF3 presets to FM9 with Pitch in two positions, easier to maintain compared with this solution.
But it's very creative and nice indeed ! Tricky to maintain, but very nice. :D

Last edited:
It is my understanding that processing resources are allocated when an effect is instantiated, whether bypassed or active. If true, then bypassing one would make no difference.

Also if true, then I'm not exactly sure why quality settings on some blocks would affect CPU use, nor why the option of having two is not offered if one is willing to sacrifice other blocks in a preset. Resource management is complicated.

It is my understanding that processing resources are allocated when an effect is instantiated, whether bypassed or active. If true, then bypassing one would make no difference.

Also if true, then I'm not exactly sure why quality settings on some blocks would affect CPU use, nor why the option of having two is not offered if one is willing to sacrifice other blocks in a preset. Resource management is complicated.
I tried to understand the reason of that FM9 limitation,
another similar one is 1 source per modifier allowed, instead of AXE FXIII's 2,
when FM9 can manage 32 modifiers at once (mostly tipically unused...) !

These are the two main incompatibility issues that make me crazy transferring the presets between AXE3 / FM9.
that forced me to never use 2 sources per modifier even in the AXE FXIII (what a pity),

but 2 PITCHes is a clear need for a lot of people, e.g. 1st as a CAPO and 2nd as an HARMONIZER),
unfortunately they are both named PITCH.

This limitation doesn't appear (to me...) to be due to CPU limitations, FM9 turbo power is just say 30% less than AXE3.

I was told unofficially that the reason could be that FM9 has 1 pitch detector instead of AXE's 2.

So we could share the same pitch detector, E.g. placed at the input, or placed by default at PITCH1's input for both).
People will very happy :) all the same, maintaining the possibility to place 2 PITCHes in a preset, in different positions.

It could be also OK to limit the possibility to use max 1 harmonizer and max 1 virtual capo, but both in a preset.

Cannot 2 PITCH be activated simultaneously because of reasons we don't know ?

In my wish to allow 2 PITCH in a preset 1 ON at a time, I understand that probably the resources allocated will be for both,
but it could be an anyway an acceptable idea that will also maintain a good design compatibility with the AXE FXIII.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom