Wish 2 names for every preset

jordikt

Experienced
Every preset has one name, with a a maximum of 31 characters.
The 31 characters are visible in the main display of the unit.
The first 10 characters are visible in the mini-display.

I would love to set two names in every preset:
1) Preset name: the same name of 31 characters we have now. This name is showed everywhere except in the mini-display.
2) Mini-display name: a new name of 10 characters. This name is only for the mini-display.

This change would allow to have the perfect name in the mini-display and the perfect name in the preset,

Afaik you‘ll need to use the „custom“ option, which is static for all options, or am I missing something?

Or do what the OS typically does, and add an ellipsis (…) in the middle and truncate to nine letters so we get the first four letters + + the last five letters.

"Broken Strings" becomes "Brok…rings". Humans are pretty good at recognizing words by scanning the first and last letters so that might work relatively well.

A different option would be to automatically switch the font to a condensed, narrower, font once the name reaches eleven letters, again, a tactic OSes use.

Last edited:
Or do what the OS typically does, and add an ellipsis (…) in the middle and truncate to nine letters so we get the first four letters + + the last five letters.

"Broken Strings" becomes "Brok…rings". Humans are pretty good at recognizing words by scanning the first and last letters so that might work relatively well.

A different option would be to automatically switch the font to a condensed, narrower, font once the name reaches eleven letters.
If the name of the preset has to be truncated, it's not necessary to change nothing, and keep the current rule of "name truncated at 10th character".

There is no big difference to see "Broken Str" than "Brok...rings". Both can be well recognized.

The wish of 2 names is not for a better recognition of the name. The benefit of defining 2 independent names is the freedom.

Following your example, I can call the preset "Broken Strings" and the mini-disaplay "BrknString" or "BrokenStrg" or just "Broken".

Also I can set the mini-display name to "CS3=Boost" as a memo note of the preset, or "CHECK LEVEL" or "CHECK SCN 7" if I want to remember that the preset needs some pending adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom