2 instruments 1 axe Fx II

cadeb

Hi all,

Considering the facts that the axe fx II has 2 instrument inputs , i was wondering how both signals were treated in the output side when both instruments are played at the same time?

Are they summed up in one and only track to the usb output or are 2 separate tracks created, one for each treated instrument ?

What about the standard outputs to a mixer or audio interface: are 2 different channels sent to the mixer ?

As I don't own an axe FX II yet, I'm pretty much confused reading the manual when we are told to switch the input from front to rear on the 3.4 section page 17 Connections Diagrams.

If the axe allows 2 different instruments to be played at the same time, does it give the opportunity to have 2 more raw tracks ( one for each instrument ) for reamping purpose?

Hoping to be as clear as possible in order to organise my thinking.

Many thanks for your forthcoming answers

the axe can send out 2 separate signals with the analog outs - i do this all the time with 2 separate guitars. it may actually be able to output 4 separate signals - left out 1, right out 1, left out 2, right out 2.

you have to setup/program the layout to do this per preset though. if you get an axe, we can talk you through it.

i'm not sure how the USB works for reamping a stereo signal though. the reamping may be limited to a mono signal, but i could be wrong.

Thanks Chris for your quick reply.

As i've seen the videos you made and the fact that your recording gear is quite huge, you may be helpfull on my needs, if you please...

In facts what I am trying to figure out is how many inputs i would need on an audio interface by plugging in a guitar and a bass in the axe considering that i have an electronic drum ( Roland TD 12) which needs by itself 4 channels, a keyboard which is too old to be used for anything else than MIDI ( yamaha PSR 6), and i would like to record a singer too.

By not owning an axe Fx II yet, i'd like to setup how i could use its audio interface and Midi properties in order to spend money the smarter as possible.

The fact that the Axe has so much possibilities, it's hard for me to get it all out clearly...
If you can help to light it up a bit you're welcome...

Back
Top Bottom