2 Guitars into 2 amps w/ L/R output

shep

Inspired
Hi - I need to set my Ultra up to incorporate 2 guitars plugged in ( which inputs do I use?) into 2 amps/cabs 100% L, amp 1 - 100% R, amp2) each being output to a mixer (this part I get)...

I saw the video here - Two Guitars, One Axe-Fx (NOT WORK SAFE) - Sevenstring.org which is what I need.

The video here - Axe-FX II – Using 2 guitars at once | Katsu Kuri Media Blog is from a single input source, so I'm still lost how to get both guitars into the Ultra, to 2 separate amps, and out in stereo. I'm trying to use this to save students from bringing their amp into lessons.I appreciate any help offered. Thanks, Shep

hey, saw your PM. so you want each guitar to have its own stereo output (total of 4 outputs)?

I keep meaning to throw a preset on there just for a guest guitarist at a gig. A couple of JTMs would be great. A drive on each. Still on the todo list. Loved the JTM at the gig the other night.

There's a video on Youtube on about setting up an Axe FX to use a guitar with magnetic and piezo pickups. Basically follow that video, just setting up the 2nd chain as another amp chain instead of for an acoustic sound. The actual setup/routing is the same idea.

Essentially you're starting out by panning the two signals (front and 1R) hard left and right, and then setting the amp inputs to left only and right only. You don't necessarily need to use mixer blocks or anything at the end to send them to the L/R outs, as pretty much anything along the way will have the ability to pan the signal to get the split.

Thanks much for the help. The thing about the vid is that he's not using two guitars, so where to input the 2nd guitar wasn't clear. I erred in using the rear Input L, so I wasn't getting a stereo split from the 2 guitars. It's kinda odd, though, because the guitars are very similar in output, all the amps, cabs,etc., are identical in the two paths, but the guitar plugged into the rear Input 1 R jack is a good 6+ db quieter at the output.... Thanks again - Shep

Back
Top Bottom