2 guitarist 1 axe 3 , 2 FC 6

316ms

Inspired
Is this already posted/thread. Is it possible to have 1 axe3 and 2 guitarsist have independent control with each using a fc6? Linked of course, from the 1st fc6. Seems like a huge reach, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

Well the Axe is always on one specific scene of one specific preset. You could set the FCs up so both guitarists could control that, or give one control and have the other just be a passenger in that regard.

Once you're there, they could each have switches set up to turn certain blocks on and off and change their channels.

Most likely, you'd have two paths, one for each player, each with their own amp and effects, and each person's FC would control blocks in their own path. Anything else seems, uh, excessively creative ;)

Make sense?

Thank you for the detailed reply, this is great news, I think, fo simplicity and creative beginnings. Would say a preset with 5 scenes be able to be controlled by the passenger as you mentioned AND the Pilot without interference and change simultaneously even? Gosh this unbelievable. Man, thanks for your help. I am not one who doesn't try to learn from the manual. Usually that teaches along the way so to speak, I even printed the 116 pages, I just thought I would ask 1st, maybe it is in one of the pages... thanks again!!!! Regards
Well the Axe is always on one specific scene of one specific preset. You could set the FCs up so both guitarists could control that, or give one control and have the other just be a passenger in that regard.

Once you're there, they could each have switches set up to turn certain blocks on and off and change their channels.

Most likely, you'd have two paths, one for each player, each with their own amp and effects, and each person's FC would control blocks in their own path. Anything else seems, uh, excessively creative ;)

Make sense?

Depends on how much flexibility you want. It can do more in this config than anything else out there. Still, someone will come along and whine it doesn't do everything.

You can setup a preset and assign all 1's to one FC for easy on/off of effects, all 2's to the other FC. You basically have two traditional rigs in one box and two controllers.

Depends on how much flexibility you want. It can do more in this config than anything else out there. Still, someone will come along and whine it doesn't do everything.

You can setup a preset and assign all 1's to one FC for easy on/off of effects, all 2's to the other FC. You basically have two traditional rigs in one box and two controllers.
Just for starters, as you mentioned 2 sperate rigs to FOH and using IEM. We probably use 1 pre set and 5 scenes would be enough for starters. I just have to assign each FC6 individually. Hard to imagine the 2nd FC6 being able to change scenes without effecting the other guitar or preset or FC6. This is crazy good news if I am understanding correctly.

Just for starters, as you mentioned 2 sperate rigs to FOH and using IEM. We probably use 1 pre set and 5 scenes would be enough for starters. I just have to assign each FC6 individually. Hard to imagine the 2nd FC6 being able to change scenes without effecting the other guitar or preset or FC6. This is crazy good news if I am understanding correctly.
What I said applies, really.

The Axe is running ONE scene of ONE preset, ALWAYS. No magic short of having two units or a major change in the firmware is going to change that.

That one preset can however have multiple signal paths through it, and two FCs could be set up to do things that only affect blocks in one or the other of those paths.

What I said applies, really.

The Axe is running ONE scene of ONE preset, ALWAYS. No magic short of having two units or a major change in the firmware is going to change that.

That one preset can however have multiple signal paths through it, and two FCs could be set up to do things that only affect blocks in one or the other of those paths.
Thanks Dave, sounds like I need to study the blocks more carefully and not think of it in terms of scenes. In my 2 month ownership I am spending more time digging the sounds and should be doing research and learning applications. Thanks for your help, I will need to get a 2nd F6 and dive in. Cheers

Thanks Dave, sounds like I need to study the blocks more carefully and not think of it in terms of scenes. In my 2 month ownership I am spending more time digging the sounds and should be doing research and learning applications. Thanks for your help, I will need to get a 2nd F6 and dive in. Cheers
You're not wrong to just be hanging out with the tones, it's all good :)

You don't need to actually have a second FC6 to think about what you could do with one.
Set up a preset with your two paths, and figure out what you'd want to control with them.
As an experiment, you could pretend that one layout is one FC and another is the other one, set those up how you think you'd like them.
If you're planning on using multiple layouts, you could even pretend that 4 of the 8 layouts are one FC and 4 of them are the other one.

Back up your system settings, which include your layouts, before you go wandering, so you can always get back to "normal", whatever that is.

The cool thing with scenes and an FC is that either guitarist, the one closest to the controller, can change the scene at the right time. Even more powerful with 2 FC's. Setup your preset with scene 1 (verse/rhythm), scene 2 (solo), scene 3 (chorus). Each guitar can have a fully independent signal chain. Yes, you have to plan a little. The beauty is also one chain doesn't have to change just because you changed scenes.

Scenes opened up so many possibilities, X/Y even more and when 4 channels were introduced it was mind blowing. With the routing on the 3 the Axe can easily accommodate 2 guitarists.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, this forum and product is a gift at such a crazy time in this world. Really thankful!!!

Back
Top Bottom