2 bad bugs :(

Bad bug 1: after installing version 8 Axe Fx freezes every 20 minutes or so on preset 373.Could be other presets as well.

Bad bug 2: delay hold will not shut off, when attempted, Axe Fx freezes.

Delay set to mono.

Bad bug 2: delay hold will not shut off, when attempted, Axe Fx freezes.Delay set to mono.

Not happening here. not with hardware only, not with axe-edit

Maybe your preset is brorked. try making a new preset with only delay and see if it still happens.

Installed 8.0 I see my gear flashing an unrelated preset before going to the correct one on a few presets. On other presets, it is ignoring the MIDI program change commands and reverting back to preset 1. This is not good. Can I go back to 7.0 and see if it fixes it? In other words, is it possible to go back to the previous firmware?

Each firmware install completely replaces the old firmware, so you can easily go back to 7.0.

Presets made under FW8 might not work as expected, but otherwise, no problem.

Danny W.

Installed 8.0 I see my gear flashing an unrelated preset before going to the correct one on a few presets. On other presets, it is ignoring the MIDI program change commands and reverting back to preset 1. This is not good. Can I go back to 7.0 and see if it fixes it? In other words, is it possible to go back to the previous firmware?

This issue was not due to 8.0. It was due to a simulataneous firmware upgrade of my Liquid Foot +12. I went back to the previous firm and everything is fine. Reported bug with FAMC. Sorry for the false alarm.

I got a new possible 8.0 bug though.... I use an expression pedal set to CC Midi 10 for the input volume of the Axe Fx. It has worked flawlessly until my upgrade to 8.0. Here is what is happening: If I plug my headphones into the Axe Fx, the volume works as it always has. However, when I plug my USB into my Macbook Pro and then open a Garageband, OR a LOGIC Pro track, that input volume pans the signal right when fully toe down, and centered when half way through it's travel. In heel down, the signal is off. I do not have a volume or panner effect in my signal chain. I've checked the other controllers I have - one for wah sweep, and the other for delay input gain. I have looked at every effect to make sure something isn't mapped to the balance. Again, this volume pedal sounds fine if I listen to the headphone jack. It is something weird happening to my DAW now, that never happened before. Any suggestions? Thanks

I got a new possible 8.0 bug though.... I use an expression pedal set to CC Midi 10 for the input volume of the Axe Fx. It has worked flawlessly until my upgrade to 8.0. Here is what is happening: If I plug my headphones into the Axe Fx, the volume works as it always has. However, when I plug my USB into my Macbook Pro and then open a Garageband, OR a LOGIC Pro track, that input volume pans the signal right when fully toe down, and centered when half way through it's travel. In heel down, the signal is off. I do not have a volume or panner effect in my signal chain. I've checked the other controllers I have - one for wah sweep, and the other for delay input gain. I have looked at every effect to make sure something isn't mapped to the balance. Again, this volume pedal sounds fine if I listen to the headphone jack. It is something weird happening to my DAW now, that never happened before. Any suggestions? Thanks

This wasn't an 8.0 bug either. What happened was, I upgraded to 8.0 and also did a firmware upgrade on my Liquid Foot. Midi hell ensued, so I went back to 7.0 and it still didn't work, so I did a reset. An hour later, I went back a firmware on my Liquid Foot and all MIDI returned. So then I went back to 8.0 on the Axe. Then, since I had done a reset, I had to start over, getting my inputs and outputs assigned. I also run a rack of effects through my effects loop, so I had to set up all that again. What I did at some point, was turn on the USB output? I can't remember the exact setting in the I/O menu. But basically, that turned my volume expression pedal into a panning controller in Garage Band and in LOGIC Pro 9. Once I turned off USB output in the I/O menu, this went away, and my volume reverted back to its standard operation.

Back
Top Bottom