2 AMP : Would you like to combine plexi 50 6CA7 and Trainwreck Express?

francis

A few days ago I tried out two of my favorite amps together.

50w Marshall plexi 6CA7 with factory preset IRs,
Wrecker Express model and 412 Friedman Dynacab.

I also added a bit of bias trem to make the amp breathe for guitar volume cleanups or long note/chords.

Does this combination sound mutually beneficial?
Or do you think it's better to use each amplifier alone?

I'm curious about your opinions.
For example, if plexi is meat to me, wrecker was intended to be the juice that oozes out from it..🤪

Damn - Sweet tone! What guitar and pups are you playing?

My guitar is a 'set-in-neck joint telecaster' made with a mahogany body, neck, and ebony fingerboard.It has Floyd Rose and two humbucker pickups, the neck pickup is Seymour Duncan APH-1, and the bridge pickup is TB-4.

Thank you and have a good day!

eb6a1200-327e-11ef-88aa-c3e9e0d337a7.png

noob question. whats that?
Uh...I'm a newbie too. 🤔
As far as I know, bias trem (bias tremolo) emulates the 'sound of the built-in tremolo of a tube guitar amplifier'.
(The vox ac30 cc1 amplifier I bought a long time ago had a built-in tremolo, so I used it often.)

*For axeIII and Fm9, you can turn this on in the amp block, and for Fm3, you can select the type as bias trem in the 'pan/tremolo block' and adjust it to suit your taste.

biastrem.png

Last edited:
Uh...I'm a newbie too. 🤔
As far as I know, bias trem (bias tremolo) emulates the 'sound of the built-in tremolo of a tube guitar amplifier'.
(The vox ac30 cc1 amplifier I bought a while ago had a built-in tremolo, so I used it often.)

*For axeIII and Fm9, you can turn this on in the amp block, and for Fm3, you can select the type as bias trem in the 'pan/tremolo block' and adjust it to suit your taste.

View attachment 142197
thanks, i overlooked that!

My guitar is a 'set-in-neck joint telecaster' made with a mahogany body, neck, and ebony fingerboard.It has Floyd Rose and two humbucker pickups, the neck pickup is Seymour Duncan APH-1, and the bridge pickup is TB-4.

Thank you and have a good day!

View attachment 142194
Nice guitar! I had presumed Les Paul-style based on the playing and preset tone. I'm a huge tele fan and have variants like this as well as more trad implementations. This one is essentially a superstrat that didn't have the soul removed via the unnecessary extra cut :)

Uh...I'm a newbie too. 🤔
(The vox ac30 cc1 amplifier I bought a while ago had a built-in tremolo, so I used it often.)

Bias trem is specifically implemented via adding the LFO to the bias of an amplifier to change its gain cyclicly. Frequently this is done in the output tubes' bias circuit in push-pull amps, so that the LFO signal is canceled in the output transformer, preventing, or at least greatly reducing LFO thump in the speaker. Some wiggle the bias of a later stage in the preamp (Vibro-Champ and Princeton come to mind) instead.

Back
Top Bottom